Hikvision headquarters in Hangzhou
|Traded as||SZSE: 002415|
|Products||CCTV and Network Surveillance Systems|
|Revenue||CN¥41.905 billion (2017)|
|CN¥10.443 billion (2017)|
|CN¥9.411 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||CN¥51.571 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||CN¥30.358 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Literal meaning||Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology. Company Limited by Shares|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||HIK–vision[nb 1]|
Footnotes / references|
in a consolidated basis (net assets and net profit excluding minority interests); in Chinese Accounting Standards
Hikvision was founded in 2001 by Zhejiang HIK Information Technology Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 浙江海康信息技术股份有限公司) with the company having a 51% stake and Gong Hongjia (Chinese: 龚虹嘉) a 49% stake. Hikvision made products for the video surveillance market. It devotes 8% of its annual revenue to research and development, with 26,330 employees, of which 13,085 are engineers by the end of 2017.:103
Hikvision has been listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange since 2010. The company provides surveillance products to the global market via more than "2,400 partners in 155 countries and regions", and has its presence in 18 locations around the world.
- As of 31 December 2017
Hikvision was owned by China Electronics Technology HIK Group Co., Ltd. (HIK Group, Chinese: 中电海康集团有限公司), a wholly owned subsidiary of China Electronics Technology Group, which has a 39.59% stake.:82 China Electronics Technology Group is a state-owned enterprise that is supervised by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council. China Electronics Technology Group holds an additional 1.96% stake of Hikvision via its 52nd research institute (Chinese: 中国电子科技集团公司第五十二研究所).:82 The Chairman of Hikvision, Chen Zongnian (Chinese: 陈宗年), is also the chairman and the Party Committee Secretary of HIK Group, and Head of the aforementioned research institute.:92
The third largest shareholder is a private equity fund (Chinese: 新疆威讯投资管理有限合伙企业; pinyin: Xīnjiāng Wēixùn) which has a 7.09% stake,:82 which is associated with current Hikvision General Manager Hu Yangzhong.:82 According to previous filing, "Xinjian Weixun" was also associated with Liu Xiang (Chinese: 刘翔),:57 former director (from 2015 to March 2018) and former deputy general manger (Chinese: 副总经理) of Hikvision, current deputy general manger of HIK Group, chairman of sister listed company Phenix Optical (SSE: 600071).:92
The fourth largest shareholder is another private equity fund (Chinese: 新疆普康投资有限合伙企业) which had a 2.08% stake.:92 The fund was partly owned by Gong's wife Chen Chunmei (Chinese: 陈春梅) and aforementioned Hu Yangzhong.:83
Hu Yangzhong also owned an additional 1.33% stake personally.:82
To sum up, those shareholders owned a combined 65.71% stake.
In June 2018, Hikvision was ranked 835th in the 2018 edition of Forbes Global 2000. As of 16 November 2016, Hikvision was also a constituent of the SZSE 100 Index, a blue chip index of the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, as well as the pan-China indexes CSI 300 Index, FTSE China A50 Index and Hang Seng China 50 Index.
IPVM.com has criticized Hikvision for allegedly obscuring its Chinese government ownership. Jeffrey He, president of Hikvision North America had criticized online blogger site for allegedly seeking financial gain.
Alan West, in an interview published by The Times (and re-published by The Australian), averred that Hikvision's ownership raise ethical and security concerns when it comes to usage of Hikvision's products by the British government.
- As of 31 December 2015
- Hikvision USA (100%)
- HDT International (100%)
- Prama Hikvision India Private Limited (58.00%)
- Hikvision Europe B.V. (100%)
- Hikvision FZE (100%)
- Hikvision Singapore (100%)
- Hikvision South Africa (100%)
- Hikvision Italy (100%)
- Hikivision do Brasil Comercio de Equipamentos de Segurança (100%)
- Hikvision Australia (100%)
- Hikvision International (100%)
- Hikvision France (100%)
- Hikvision Spain (100%)
- ZAO Hikvision (100%)
- Hikvision UK (100%)
- Hikvision Poland (100%)
- Cooperative Hikvision Europe U.A. (100%)
- Hikvision Canada (100%)
- OOO Hikvision (100%)
- Hikvision Korea (100%)
- Ezviz (100%)
- 2017 Annual Report. Hikvision. 21 April 2018. Retrieved 11 September 2018 – via Shenzhen Stock Exchange website.
- "China funded Hikvision's CCTV with eyes across globe". The Australian. 17 September 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- 首次公开发行股票招股说明书摘要 [Prospectus] (PDF) (in Chinese). Hikvision. 13 May 2010. Retrieved 16 November 2016 – via China Electronics Technology Group website.
- "About Hikvision". Hikvision. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Global Operations". Hikvision. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- 2015年年度报告 [2015 Annual Report] (PDF) (in Chinese). Hikvision. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 15 November 2016 – via Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- "Hikvision on the Forbes Global 2000 List". Forbes. June 2018. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Hikvision And The Chinese Government". IPVM. 2015-12-07. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- Karantzoulidis, Steve. "Hikvision President Chats With SSI About Cybersecurity, Privacy Concerns". www.securitysales.com. Retrieved 2017-04-05.