Hilal Ahmar (Arabic: الهلال الأحمر, Persian: هلال احمر, Turkish: Hilâl-i Ahmer,Urdu: ہلالِ احمر) means Red Crescent in English. Hilal Ahmar is a charity; the equivalent of the International Red Cross.
The Hilal e Ahmar was renamed the Kızılay Derneği in Turkey in 1935. Red Crescent society in Pakistan is still called Anjuman e Hilal e Ahmar Pakistan. It was founded on December 20, 1947 by the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- List of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Turkish Red Crescent
- Iranian Red Crescent Society
- Algerian Red Crescent Society
- Saudi Arabian Red Crescent Society
- Syrian Arab Red Crescent
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|