Hilda Múdra in 2012
|Alternative names||Hildegard Klimpel|
January 1, 1926 |
|Former coach||Rudolf Kurtzer, Will Petters|
Múdra was born as Hildegard Klimpel to Paul and Anna Klimpel in Vienna. She married Slovak manager Jozef Múdry on 26 October 1947 and gave birth to their daughter, Dagmar, in 1949, and to their son, Pavol, in 1950. Her husband died in November 2010. She speaks both Slovak and German.
Múdra was coached by Rudolf Kurtzer and Will Petters in Vienna. She trained first in single skating and then ice dancing. In the mid-1940s, she toured with an Austrian ice show which visited Czechoslovakia, and then began coaching in Bratislava. The first of her students to win a medal at the European Championships was Jana Mrázková.
Múdra coached Ondrej Nepela for 15 years, having first met him in February 1958. He would win gold at five European Championships, three World Championships, and the 1972 Winter Olympics. In 2000, he was named Slovak athlete of the 20th century — Múdra accepted the award from the Slovak president, Rudolf Schuster, on behalf of her deceased student.
Múdra also worked with Jozef Sabovčík, Sanda Dubravčić, Jana Mrázková, Agnesa Wlachovská, Charlotte Walter, Martin Skotnický, Marián Filc, Eva Grožajová, Miroslav Šoška, Ľudmila Bezáková, Miljan Begović, and Eva Ďurišinová. In her 80s, she fractured vertebra as a result of a fall, preventing her from returning to the ice, but she continued to coach children from behind the boards in Dúbravka, Bratislava.
- Šimo, Marián. "Hilda Múdra: Celý život je len zmes náhod" [Hilda Múdra: Whole life is just a combination of coincidences] (in Slovak). Slováci vo svete. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007.
- Hlohoš, Jakub (26 October 2009). "Hilda Múdra". slovenskyportal.sk (in Slovak).
- "Hilda Múdra" (in Slovak). osobnosti.sk. Archived from the original on 29 May 2008.
- "Zomrel novinár a manžel Hildy Múdrej, Jozef Múdry" [Death of Jozef Múdry]. SITA (in Slovak). webnoviny.sk. 12 November 2010.
- "Otázky a odpovede: Na otázky odpovedala Hilda Múdra" [Questions and answers with Hilda Múdra] (in Slovak). Pravda (Slovakia). 19 March 2008.
- "Legendárny Ondrej Nepela by mal 60 rokov" [Legendary Ondrej Nepela would be 60 years old]. TASR (in Slovak). topky.sk. 22 January 2011.
- Gáfrik, Zdeno (19 March 2008). "Múdra: Nepela bol ideál krasokorčuľovania" [Múdra: Nepela was the ideal figure skater]. Pravda (Slovakia) (in Slovak). Retrieved 10 August 2010.
- "Múdra, Hilda" (in Slovak). Slovak National Sports Encyclopedia. 19 March 2010. Archived from the original on 16 December 2013.
- "H.Múdra stále venuje čas postihnutým deťom, ale už bez korčúľ" [H.Múdra still devotes time to children with disabilities, but now without skates]. TASR (in Slovak). europrofit.sk. 24 January 2011.