29 July 1939 |
London, England, United Kingdom
Hildegarde Neil (born 29 July 1939), also credited as Hildegard Neil, is an English actress.
Born in London, she first appeared on television in a BBC schools' television production of Julius Caesar in 1963 and after that appeared mostly as a guest artiste in a variety of TV series over the last 40 years. She has also appeared in several films and on stage, both in the West End and touring. 
- The 1970 psychological thriller The Man Who Haunted Himself alongside Roger Moore
- The 1972 film Antony and Cleopatra as Cleopatra, alongside Charlton Heston
- The 1973 film England Made Me
- The 1973 Oscar-winning film A Touch of Class
- The 1978 horror film The Legacy
- The 1980 Agatha Christie film The Mirror Crack'd (in Murder At Midnight, the opening teaser film)
- The 1994 comedy Seaview Knights
- The 1996 film The Bruce
- The 1999 film King Lear
- Ace of Wands season one, episodes 1-3: One and One and One are Four (29 July to 21 October 1970) as Madame Midnight
- The 1970 TV Series The Adventures of Don Quick episode 3: "The Higher the Fewer", broadcast on 13 November.
- Space: 1999 episode 2.22: Devil's Planet as Elizia, broadcast on 1 September 1977.
- The Professionals episode 1-07: Close Quarters, first broadcast on 10 February 1978.
- A Talent for Murder (TV Movie) with Angela Lansbury and Laurence Olivier.
- She spent a season at the Royal Shakespeare Company playing a variety of roles including "Gertrude" in Hamlet.
- She played Lady Macbeth in Ewan Hooper's production of Macbeth at the Greenwich Theatre, which opened on 18 February 1971.
She is married to actor Brian Blessed and has a daughter with him, Rosalind, who is also an actress and represented by the same agent as her mother. On 23 May 2009, Neil appeared with her husband on the UK ITV entertainment show, All Star Mr & Mrs, on which it was established that she is a keen Liverpool F.C. supporter.
Her husband said she is South African not English
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "How I fell crazily in love with Katharine Hepburn: BRIAN BLESSED". Retrieved 2015-10-07.