Hilduin IV, Count of Montdidier
Hilduin IV (d. 1063), Count of Mondidier and Seigneur de Ramerupt, son of Hilduin III, Count of Montdidier, member of the House of Montdidier. Hilduin was also Count of Roucy by virtue of his marriage to the daughter of Ebles I, Count of Roucy.
Little is known about Hilduin despite his many renown children and grandchildren. Hermann Monacii of Laon records that Philip I of France appointed Hilduin as an ambassador to Rome (date unknown).
Hildiun married Adelaide (Alice) de Roucy, daughter of Ebles I, Count of Roucy, and Beatrix of Hainaut, daughter of Reginar IV, Count of Mons, and Hedwig, daughter of Hugh Capet. They had nine children:
- Ebles II, Count of Roucy, married Sibylle de Apulia, daughter of Robert Guiscard, Duke of Apulia and Sichelgaita de Salerno
- Andre (d. after 1118), Seigneur de Ramerupt and of Arcis-sur-Aube, married Guisemode, widow of Hugh, Siegneur of Pleurs. Their son Eble de Roucy was Bishop of Châlons (1122-1127) and daughter Alix married Erard I, Count of Brienne.
- Beatrix de Ramerupt (d. after 1129), married Geoffrey II, Count of Perche
- Marguerite de Ramerupt, married Hugh, Count of Clermont-en-Beauvaisis (see Aubry de Mello, Count of Dammartin, for family relationships with Hugh and his brother Renaud II)
- Ermentrude de Ramerupt (d. after 1102), married Thibaut, Count of Reynel, son of Olri, Count of Reynel.
- Ada de Ramerupt (d. after 1121), married first Geoffroy, Seigneur de Guise, and second Gauthier, Seigneur de Ath
- Adélaïs, married Arnold I, Count of Chiny
- Aelis de Ramerupt, married Conan “Falcon” de la Sarraz. Their son was Barthélemy de Jur, Bishop of Laon.
- Felicia of Roucy, married Sancho I, King of Aragon.
HIlduin was apparently the last Count of Montdidier, the line being continued with the Counts of Roucy.
Bury, J. B. (editor), The Cambridge Medieval History, Volume V, Contest of Empire and Papacy, Cambridge at the University Press, 1926
Hermann Monacii of Laon, From the Miracles of Mary (Hermanni Laudunensis Monacii de Miraculis B. Mariæ Laudunensis), RHGF XI
Morton, Catherine, and Muntz, Hope (editors). The Carmen de Hastingae Proelio of Bishop Guy of Amiens, Oxford at the Clarendon Press, 1972