Hili (community development block)
|Hili (CD Block)
হিলি সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||88.10 km2 (34.02 sq mi)|
|• Density||880/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
Hili (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Hili police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Hili.
There is a small river named Jamuna in the Hili block.
As per 2011 Census of India Hili CD Block had a total population of 83,754 all of which were rural. There were 42,981 males and 40,773 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 21,352 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 25,653.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Hili CD Block was 57,402 out of which 31,789 were males and 25,613 were females.
Extension of the Eklakhi-Balurghat Branch Line to Hili was announced in the Rail Budget for 2010-11.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4" (PDF). Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Hili Rail Station". Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Railway projects galore for Bengal". The Hindu Business Line, 26 February 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-10.