Hill State People's Democratic Party
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Meghalaya Legislative Assembly|
2 / 60
Shri "Hoping Stone" Lyngdoh is the president of the HSPDP, one of three official political parties of the state of Meghalaya in India. He is the oldest serving representative member in Meghalaya and has never been defeated in Legislative Assembly election. In the initial period, the party as a whole championed the cause of the people which was rightly deserved by proposing a new statehood which dream come to reality in 1970, when Meghalaya gained semi-autonomous status. Then automatically, Meghalaya was formed by carving out two districts from the state of Assam: the United Khasi Hills and Jhada Hills, and the Garo Hills on 21 January 1972 after a fierce long struggle. People refer him as "Ma-Hoping" out of love and respect. Now he is the current MLA of Nongstoin Constituency. The party as a whole won 4 seat in legislative Assembly as of 2012.
Portfolio of HSPDP
- President- Ardent Basaiawmoit
Objective of the Party
- The very purpose is to defend the "law of the land of the Khasi-Jaintia" and to fight against any injustice committed against the people.
- To stop and prevent infiltration by foreigners especially, Bangladeshi citizens.
- To develop a sense of pride among Khasi-Jaintia people and to promote harmony.
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 10.03.2014" (PDF). India: Election Commission of India. 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|