Hillary B. Smith
|Hillary B. Smith|
Smith in 2014
May 25, 1957
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Philip Smith (married 1983; 2 children)|
|Children||Philip Webster Smith IV and Courtney Smith|
Life and career
Smith was born as Hillary Bailey in Boston, Massachusetts. She attended Dana Hall School, Pine Manor College and Sarah Lawrence College. At Sarah Lawrence as a senior, she performed in off Broadway and Broadway productions, including The Heidi Chronicles. She married Philip Webster Smith, III in 1983. She met her husband at age 14 and married him a few years later after the two reconnected at a friend's wedding. They have two children, a daughter, Courtney and a son, Philip (who originated the role of Margo's son, Adam Munson).
Smith is best known for her roles in the daytime soap operas. She made her soap debut in 1982, as Kit McCormick on The Doctors and one year later, taking over the role of Margo Montgomery Hughes on As the World Turns, a role she played from 1983 to 1990.
After taking maternity leave from acting after the birth in 1988 of her son, Smith returned to daytime television, originating the role of Llanview District Attorney Nora Hanen Buchanan on ABC soap opera One Life to Live. Character she has played from 1992 until the series' cancelation in 2012. She later returned to show in the 2013 The Online Network short-lived continue. Smith won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in 1994, for her performance in One Life to Live. From 1994 to 1995, Smith also has starred as lead in the NBC sitcom Something Wilder.
Smith appeared and produced web soap-type series Venice: The Series. As producer, in 2014 she has won Daytime Emmy. In 2014, Smith was the supervising producer for the soap opera web series Beacon Hill, and was nominated for a 2015 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding New Approaches Drama Series. In late January 2017, it was reported by Soap Opera Digest and Deadline.com that Smith will reprise her OLTL character on General Hospital. 
|1981||Nurse||Tina||Episode: "Best Friends"|
|1982||The Doctors||Kit McCormick||Series regular|
|1982||No Soap, Radio||Karen||Series regular, 5 episodes|
|1983||Baby Makes Five||Susan||Episode: "Jennie Gets a Job"|
|1983||Too Close for Comfort||Donna Sullivan||Episode: "Family Business"|
|1988||Sharing Richard||Roz||Television film|
|1983-1989||As the World Turns||Margo Hughes||Series regular
Nominated — Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Actress in a Supporting Role on a Daytime Serial (1986)
Nominated — Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Heroine: Daytime (1988–89)
|1989||Close Encounters||TV pilot|
|1991||Acting Sheriff||Asst. D.A. Donna||TV pilot|
|1992||Driving Miss Daisy||Florine Werthan||TV pilot|
|1992||Love Potion No. 9||Sally|
|1992-2012, 2013||One Life to Live||Nora Hanen Buchanan||Series regular
Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series (1994)
Nominated — Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series (2000)
Nominated — Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Daytime Drama (1994, 2001)
|1994-1995||Something Wilder||Series regular, 5 episodes||Series regular, 18 episodes|
|2000||It Had to Be You||Jewelry Saleswoman|
|2002||Maid in Manhattan||Mrs. Lefferts|
|2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Mrs. Stanton||Episode: "Identity"|
|2006||Stanley's Dinosaur Round-Up||Paleontologist||Voice|
|2012||The Bold and the Beautiful||Dr. Stacy Barton||Recurring role, 13 episodes|
|2009 —||Venice: The Series||Guya||Web series, 48 episodes
41st Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches - Drama Series (2014)
Indie Series Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress (2011)
|2011-2013||Fumbling Thru the Pieces||Ellie Daniels||Web series, 18 episodes|
|2017||General Hospital||Nora Buchanan|
- "Hillary B. Smith Biography". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Perlman, Jake (2013-01-22). "Who's returning to online edition of All My Children, One Life to Live | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- "Hillary B. Smith 411". Soap Opera Digest. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Published: June 23, 2014 9:14 AM By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (2014-03-13). "Daytime Emmy Awards 2014 winners: Ellen DeGeneres, Steve Harvey". Newsday. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Littleton, Cynthia (March 31, 2015). "General Hospital, Ellen DeGeneres, CBS Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations". Variety. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- "The Team". Beaconhilltheseries.com. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- SOD (January 31, 2017). "HILLARY B. SMITH TO GH!". Soap Opera Digest. United States: American Media, Inc. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Evans, Greg (January 31, 2017). "'One Life To Live' Soap Vet Hillary B. Smith Checks In To 'General Hospital'". Deadline.com. United States: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved February 2, 2017.