|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Northcote West||Northcote Central||Akoranga|
Hillcrest is a suburb of Auckland, New Zealand, and since 2010 has been under the jurisdiction of Auckland Council. It is located in the North Shore, and is surrounded by Glenfield, Wairau Valley, Northcote and Birkenhead. The Auckland Northern Motorway passes to the east. The population of the Sunnybrae statistical area, which corresponds to a large part of Hillcrest, was 3,193 in the 2013 census, an increase of 255 from 2006.
Sunnybrae Normal School and Willow Park School are coeducational contributing primary (years 1-6) schools with decile ratings of 7 and 9 and rolls of 331 and 581, respectively. Willow Park was established in 1967.
- http://www.northshorecity.govt.nz/Suburbs/PDFs/SuburbSearch/city_web_suburb.pdf[permanent dead link]
- Gregory's Auckland & Surrounds Street Directory (3rd ed.). 2008. p. map 57. ISBN 978-0-7319-2048-8.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Sunnybrae
- Education Counts: Sunnybrae Normal School
- Education Counts: Willowpark School
- "Willow Park Home Page". Retrieved 17 January 2009.
- Sunnybrae Normal School website
- Willowpark School website
- Photographs of Hillcrest held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|