|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hillegersberg is a neighborhood of Rotterdam, Netherlands. It was founded as a village in the Middle Ages (by legend because the giantess Hillegonda dropped some sand from her apron and Hillegersberg was founded on the mound which was formed by that). Hillegersberg remained a separate municipality until 1941, when it was amalgamated into Rotterdam. in 1979 it became part of the sub-municipality of Hillegersberg-Schiebroek. This sub-municipality was replaced by the "Gebied" with the same name at the elections of March 2014. It has now an advisory commission representing the inhabitants of the area. The Gebiedscommission has 13 members.
Hillegersberg is considered to be one of the wealthiest sub-municipalities of Rotterdam. This is based on the amount of expensive houses and luxury clothing stores in the village center. Hillegersberg has also problems. Many older houses suffer from problems with their foundations, so called paalrot.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2015)|
The Hague-Rotterdam Japanese Saturday School (ハーグ・ロッテルダム日本語補習授業校 Hāgu Rotterudamu Nihongo Hoshū Jugyō Kō), a Japanese Saturday school formed in 1996 by the merger of existing Saturday schools in The Hague and Rotterdam, holds its classes at the Rotterdam Japanese day school. The Saturday school rents from the day school and has done so since 2003.
- Janwillem van de Wetering spent his childhood in Hillegersberg
- This event is depicted on the coat of arms of Hillegersberg
- "egaiyo.HTM." (Archive) The Japanese School of Rotterdam. Retrieved on 2 February 2014. "Location of School Hillegersberg(North of Rotterdam)"
- "Introduction" (Archive). The Hague-Rotterdam Japanese Saturday School. Retrieved on April 5, 2015. Dutch version (Archive). Japanese version (Archive).
- "Home." The Hague-Rotterdam Japanese Saturday School. Retrieved on February 15, 2015. "Verhulstlaan 19 3055WJ Rotterdam The Netherlands"
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|