Hillman State Park
|Hillman State Park|
|Pennsylvania State Park|
A marsh at Hillman State Park
|- elevation||1,063 ft (324.0 m) |
|Area||3,600 acres (1,457 ha)|
|Management||Pennsylvania Game Commission|
|IUCN category||III - Natural Monument|
|Website: Hillman State Park|
Hillman State Park is a 3,600-acre (1,457 ha) Pennsylvania state park in Hanover Township, Washington County in the United States. It is about 25 miles (40 km) west of Pittsburgh. The park opened in the late 1960s and has been managed for hunting by the Pennsylvania Game Commission since the early 1980s. The park also has hiking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, a radio-controlled aircraft field, and mountain bike trails that are open to the public. The largely undeveloped park is north of U.S. Route 22 and east of Pennsylvania Route 18 in northern Washington County near the village of Bavington and the borough of Burgettstown. Part of the park has been designated as Pennsylvania State Game Lands 117.
Hillman State Park lies within the Appalachian mixed mesophytic forests ecoregion. The park is a wild area that connects the Kings Creek and Raccoon Creek watersheds within the greater Raccoon Creek Valley Natural Area.
Nearby state parks
- Beaver Creek State Park (Ohio)
- Point State Park (Allegheny County)
- Raccoon Creek State Park (Beaver County)
- Tomlinson Run State Park (West Virginia)
- "Hillman State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. August 30, 1990. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "Summary" (PDF). Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "Hillman State Park". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved 2007-03-25.
- "Hillman State Park at Friends of Raccoon site". Friends of Raccoon Creek State Park. Retrieved 2007-03-25.
- "Where to go: Hillman State Park". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. October 31, 2010. Retrieved November 17, 2010.
- "HuntingPA.com Game Lands: Pennsylvania State Game Lands, their general location and acreage" (Searchable Database). Retrieved 2006-09-16.
- Olson, D. M, E. Dinerstein; et al. (2001). "Terrestrial Ecoregions of the World: A New Map of Life on Earth". BioScience. 51 (11): 933–938. doi:10.1641/0006-3568(2001)051[0933:TEOTWA]2.0.CO;2. Archived from the original on October 14, 2011.
- 2007 General Highway Map Washington County Pennsylvania (PDF) (Map). 1:65,000. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Planning and Research, Geographic Information Division. Retrieved 2007-07-28. Note: shows part of Hillman State Park, labeled as State Game Lands 117
- Michels, Chris (1997). "Latitude/Longitude Distance Calculation". Northern Arizona University. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "Find a Park by Region (interactive map)". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hillman State Park.|
- "State Game Lands 117 official map" (PDF). (952.2 KB)