Hillsdale Municipal Airport
|Hillsdale Municipal Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||1,182 ft / 360 m|
Hillsdale Municipal Airport (ICAO: KJYM, FAA LID: JYM) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Hillsdale, in Hillsdale County, Michigan, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a local general aviation facility.
The airport is accessible by road from Entrance Road and is located near M-99.
Facilities and aircraft
Hillsdale Municipal Airport covers an area of 283 acres (115 ha) at an elevation of 1,182 feet (360 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 4,400 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 12 per day. At that time there were 11 aircraft based at this airport, all single-engine.
The airport is staffed daily November through March from 8AM until 6PM, and daily April through October from 8AM until 9PM.
- FAA Airport Master Record for JYM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 27 Aug 2009.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- KJYM - Hillsdale Municipal Airport - Hillsdale, Michigan. Great Circle Mapper. Accessed 23 Feb 2010.
- Official website
- "Hillsdale Municipal (JYM)" (PDF). (33.5 KiB) at Michigan Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of 23 April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for JYM, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: