|• Mayor||Don Iveson|
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Mike Nickel|
|• Total||1.1 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||698 m (2,290 ft)|
|• Density||3,133.6/km2 (8,116/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-8.5%|
The neighbourhood was largely developed during the 1970s and early 1980s. It was during this time that 87% of the neighbourhood residences were constructed.
Just over half (54%) of the residences in the neighbourhood are single-family dwellings. Another quarter (24%) are row houses. Apartments constitute another 16% with duplexes accounting for 5% of all residences. According to the 2005 municipal census, 68% of residences were owner occupied with the remainder being rented.
The average household size in Hillview is 2.9 persons. Just under half (47%) of residences have one or two persons. Approximately one in five households (19%) have three persons, and almost one in three households (30%) have four or five persons.
There are two schools in the neighbourhood. The Hillview Elementary School is operated by the Edmonton Public School System, while the John Paul I Catholic Elementary School is operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System.
The Grey Nuns Community Hospital is located to the south in the adjoining neighbourhood of Tawa. On the far side of Tawa is Mill Woods Town Centre.
Hillview is bounded on the west by 66 Street, on the east by 50 Street, on the south by 34 Avenue, and on the north by 38 Avenue.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Hillview had a population of 3,447 living in 1,389 dwellings, a -8.5% change from its 2009 population of 3,766. With a land area of 1.1 km2 (0.42 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,133.6 people/km2 in 2012.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 7, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 6, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 16, 2014.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
- "Woodvale Community League". Woodvale Community League. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.