|Hotel chain||Hilton Hotels & Resorts|
|Address||124/1, Jawaharlal Nehru Rd,
Chennai, Guindy, Tamil Nadu 600 032
|Opening||28 February 2011|
|Owner||Empee Hotels Limited|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Wimberley Allison Tong & Goo (WATG)|
|Number of rooms||204|
Hilton Chennai is a five-star luxury hotel located on Jawaharlal Nehru Rd at Guindy, Chennai, India. It is located next to the Olympia Technology Park and close to the Kathipara Junction. Built in the Indo-Saracenic style with an initial investment of ₹ 4,000 million, it is Hilton's fourth Indian property after Hilton (Janakpuri), Hilton Garden Inn (Saket), both in New Delhi, and Hilton Mumbai International Airport. and was inaugurated by Indian Overseas Bank Chairman and Managing Director M. Narendra on 28 February 2011.
The 9-storied hotel is built on a 42-ground land and has 204 rooms, including 2 Executive Suites, 16 Junior Suites, 7 Hilton Deluxe Room, 58 Hilton Executive Rooms, 121 Hilton King Guest Rooms. The interiors were designed by Hong Kong's DiLeonardo and Dallas-based Wilson and Associates. There are 5 food and beverage offerings at the hotel, namely, Ayna (a contemporary Indian restaurant), Vintage Bank (a Raj-style wine and cheese bar), Q Bar (a rooftop restaurant), Vasco (an all-day restaurant with live kitchens on the third floor) and Est (a cafe on the ground floor).
The first floor has divisible 445 m2 ballroom, two meeting rooms and a boardroom with latest audio visual technology. The ballroom, named the Hilton Grand Ballroom, with a ceiling height of 4.8 m can hold 750 people.
The roof features an outdoor 15-foot by 80-foot (25 m) infinity swimming pool designed in such a way that guests can gaze at the cityscape while swimming laps.
The exterior design of the hotel originally consisted of arches and cornices reminiscent of traditional Indian architecture. The hotel appointed SRSS Architects to redesign the building's exterior envelope. The new design was thus modified to include a palette of polished granite, metal accents, Indian Jali screens, and custom light fixtures featuring Indian motifs. The interior were designed by DiLeonardo Hospitality Design.
- "Media Room". Empee Group. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- "Hilton's Chennai property to open today". The Financial Express. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- "Hilton Chennai opens". The Hindu. Chennai: The Hindu. 1 March 2011. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- "Empee unveils Hilton Chennai hotel". The Hindu. Chennai: The Hindu. 26 February 2011. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- Anand, Swati (27 January 2011). "5-star platter for city". The Times of India epaper. Chennai: The Times Group. Retrieved 5 Jan 2012.
- Mamtora, Anushya (2011). "Hilton Chennai review - A chic cocoon in Chennai's backyard". Business Line. Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- "Hilton Chennai Hotel" (PDF). Hilton e-Brochures. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- Otley, Tom (23 August 2011). "Hotel check: Hilton Chennai". Business Traveller. Chennai: BusinessTraveller.com. Retrieved 16 Nov 2011.
- Karantzavelou, Vicky (4 March 2011). "Hilton Hotels & Resorts opens first hotel in Chennai, India". Travel Daily News. Chennai: TravelDailyNews.com. Retrieved 16 Nov 2011.
- Hoge, Sharon King (1 July 2011). "Hilton Chennai". Global Traveler. Chennai. Retrieved 15 Nov 2011.
- "Hilton Hotel Chennai". Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart. Retrieved 5 Apr 2014.