|Elevation||3,220 ft (980 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Hima lies on the main highway between Kasese and Fort Portal. The town is located approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi), by road, north of Kasese, the largest town in the Rwenzururu sub-region. The coordinates of the town are:0°17'26.0"N, 30°10'39.0"E (Latitude:0.290556; 30.177500).
The 2002, the national population census gave the population of Hima at 21,520. In 2010 the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 28,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 29,700.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within Hima or near its borders:
- Hima Cement Limited - A subsidiary of French multinational, Lafarge, is the second-largest manufacturer of cement in Uganda, producing about 850,000 metric tonnes annually. Tororo Cement Limited, in Tororo, the leading Ugandan cement manufacturer produces about 1,100,000 metric tonnes annually.
- Hima Central Market - The largest fresh-produce market in the town.
- The offices of Hima Town Council
- The Fort Portal-Kasese Highway - The highway passes through the town in a north to south direction.
- Kasese District
- Western Region, Uganda
- List of cities and towns in Uganda
- Economy of Uganda
- "Road Distance Between Kasese And Hima With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Google (5 July 2015). "Location of Hima At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Hima In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Ojambo, Fred (12 January 2011). "Uganda's Lafarge Unit More Than Doubles Cement Output Capacity". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Malingha Doya, David (21 June 2010). "No Protection for Local East Africa Cement Industry Yet". The EastAfrican (Nairobi). Retrieved 22 February 2015.