|Municipality of Hindang|
Sunset at Cuatro Islas
Map of Leyte with Hindang highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||5th district of Leyte|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Betty Cabal|
|• Electorate||13,436 voters (2016)|
|• Total||50.04 km2 (19.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||420/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||67.1 million (2016)|
In the north, it borders with the town of Inopacan while it borders with the town of Hilongos in the south. Himokilan is part of the Cuatro Islas, are within the administrative jurisdiction of the municipality of Hindang.
- Doos Del Norte
- Doos Del Sur
- Himokilan Island
- Poblacion 1
- Poblacion 2
- San Vicente
|Population census of Hindang|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
In the 2015 census, the population of Hindang, Leyte, was 20,924 people, with a density of 420 inhabitants per square kilometre or 1,100 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- . Choose Philippines" Cuatro Islas: The Gems of Hindang https://www.choosephilippines.com/go/islands-and-beaches/6127/explore-the-4-gems-of-inopacan-and-hindang-called-%7C%7Ctitle= Cuatro Islas: The Gems of Hindang Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved January 10, 2019. Missing or empty
- "An Act Converting the Sitios of Kanhaayon, Kapudlosan, Himokilan, Anolon, Mahilom, Baldoza and Tagbibi, Municipality of Hindang, Province of Leyte, into Barrios of Said Municipality". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Hindang.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- All attractions around the region of Hindang
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|