From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hindenburg is a German name, used for people and places. The word may refer to:
- Carl Hindenburg (1741–1808), mathematician
- Paul von Hindenburg (1847–1934), German general in World War I and president of Germany (1925–1934)
- Oskar von Hindenburg (1883–1960), German officer, Paul von Hindenburg's son
- Hindemburg Melão, Jr. (1972), Brazilian blindfold chess player
- Hindenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
- The Hindenburg Line, a German defensive line on the Western front during the First World War
- Hindenburg Range, mountain range in Papua New Guinea
- Hindenburgdamm, a rail causeway linking the island of Sylt to northern Germany
- Hindenburg in East Prussia, formerly Gross Friedrichsgraben, in the Landkreis of Labiau near Königsberg. Now, Polessk, in Kaliningrad.
- Hindenburg, Upper Silesia, from 1915 to 1945 the name of the city now called Zabrze in Poland
Media and entertainment
- The Hindenburg (film), the 1975 movie based on the crash of the Hindenburg
- Hindenburg: The Last Flight, a 2011 two-part television movie based on the crash of the Hindenburg
- LZ 129 Hindenburg, airship
- Hindenburg (icebreaker), an icebreaker sunk by a mine on 12 March 1918
- SMS Hindenburg, battlecruiser built for the Imperial German Navy in 1917
- SS Columbus, a German liner originally named SS Hindenburg
- Hindenburg Omen, a signal indicating a possible stock market crash, named after the Hindenburg disaster
- The Hindenburg Programme, a German armament program during World War I
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hindenburg.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.