|Official name||Hindi Diwas|
|Observances||Commemoration of luminaries in the field of Hindi literature|
|Next time||14 September 2021|
Hindi Day (Hindi: हिन्दी दिवस; Hindī Diwas) is an national day of india , india celebrate this day every year, 14 September 1949 hindi becomes the national language of India, Hindi is an official languages of India.  
History of Hindi Diwas
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hindi Diwas is celebrated on the 14th of September, to commemorate the adoption of Hindi in Devanagari script as one of the official language in different Hindi speaking states of India. Hindi was adopted as one of the two official languages of the Republic of India by Constituent Assembly of India due to the efforts of Beohar Rajendra Simha along with Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, Kaka Kalelkar, Maithili Sharan Gupt and Seth Govind Das. As such, on the 50th birthday of Beohar Rajendra Simha on the 14th of September 1949, the efforts resulted in the adoption of Hindi as an official language. This decision was ratified by the Constitution of India that came into effect on the 26th of January 1950. Under Article 343 of the Indian Constitution, Hindi written in Devanagari script was adopted as one of official languages. In all, there are 22 Scheduled languages of India.
Apart from local-level events in schools and other institutions, a few of the notable events include
- The former President of India, Pranab Mukherjee had conferred awards in different categories for the excellence in different fields pertaining to Hindi at a function in Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Rajbhasha Awards were conferred upon the Ministries, Departments, PSUs and Nationalised Banks.
Ministry of Home Affairs in its order dated 25 March 2015 has changed name of two awards given annually on Hindi Divas. 'Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar' instituted in 1986 changed to 'Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar' and 'Rajiv Gandhi Rashtriya Gyan-Vigyan Maulik Pustak Lekhan Puraskar' changed to "Rajbhasha Gaurav Puraskar".
- "हिन्दी दिवस: हिन्दी भाषा से जुड़े 19 रोचक तथ्य, ...जानिए". Live Bihar News | लाइव बिहार न्यूज़ (in Hindi). 14 September 2019. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Constitutional provisions for Hindi".
- "India observed Hindi Divas on 10 January". Jagran Josh. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Names of Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi knocked off Hindi Diwas awards". The Economic Times. 21 April 2015. Retrieved 21 April 2015.