Hindol Sengupta (born 1979 in Jamshedpur) is an Indian historian and journalist. He was educated in South Asian history and politics at Worcester College, Oxford, as a Chevening Scholar, in business and finance as a Knight-Bagehot Fellow at Columbia University, and in journalism and film-making at Jamia Millia Islamia and Delhi University.
Sengupta lives in Delhi and is Editor-at-Large at Fortune India where he writes a weekly column.. He is also a columnist for Aspen Italia. He has worked for Bloomberg TV, CNN and CNBC in the past.
In 2015, his book Recasting India was shortlisted for the Hayek Prize given by the Manhattan Institute in memory of the Nobel laureate economist F.A. Hayek. He was also awarded the PSF Award in 2015  for his contribution to writing. In 2017, he was selected as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. In 2018, he won a Wilbur Award for his book Being Hindu.
He is the founder of India’s first open government platform, the Whypoll Trust. He was voted by the global ideas platform IdeaMensch on its 2011 list of 33 Entrepreneurs Who Make The World A Better Place.
- The Man Who Saved India
- Recasting India: How Entrepreneurship is Revolutionizing the World's Largest Democracy
- The Modern Monk
- The Liberals
- The Sacred Sword: The Legend of Guru Gobind Singh
- Being Hindu: Old Faith, New World and You
- 100 Things To Know And Debate Before You Vote
- Roy, Nilanjana S. (8 November 2011). "The New York Times".
- Sengupta, Hindol (2018-08-31). The Man Who Saved India. Penguin Random House India Private Limited. ISBN 9789353052003.
- Sengupta, Hindol (2014-11-18). Recasting India: How Entrepreneurship is Revolutionizing the World's Largest Democracy. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 9781137474780.
- Sengupta, Hindol (2016-12-16). The Modern Monk. Penguin Books Limited. ISBN 9789385990342.
- Sengupta, Hindol (2015-07-28). The Liberals. Harper Collins. ISBN 9789350299586.
- Sengupta, Hindol (2017-07-26). The Sacred Sword: The Legend of Guru Gobind Singh. Penguin Random House India Private Limited. ISBN 9789386651624.
- Sengupta, Hindol (2015-11-25). Being Hindu: Old Faith, New World and You. Penguin Books Limited. ISBN 9789385890079.
- Sengupta, Hindol (2014-03-03). 100 Things To Know And Debate Before You Vote. HarperCollins Publishers India. ISBN 9789351362227.