|P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre|
|Location||Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Shivaji Park, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Type||Multispecialty Tertiary Care Hospital|
|Network||Hinduja Healthcare Limited|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
The P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre is a multi-specialty, tertiary-care hospital in Mumbai, India. It was founded in 1951 by Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja, in collaboration with the Massachusetts General Hospital, the main teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, Boston. The hospital is owned and operated by the London-based Hinduja Group, through Hinduja Healthcare Limited, which also operates Hinduja Healthcare Surgical at Khar, Mumbai. Its chief executive officer is Gautam Khanna.
Hinduja Hospital is ranked the 6th-best hospital in India, 3rd-best among the private hospitals in India, best in Western India, best multi-speciality hospital in metros, and the cleanest hospital in Mumbai.
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in 25 specialties and super-specialties, accredited by the National Board of Examinations.
- BSc, MSc and PhD degrees in Nursing, awarded by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- Allied Health Science courses in 10 disciplines, affiliated to the Health Sector Skill Council.
Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, is a not-for-profit institution, with at least 20% of its total capacity reserved for people from the economically weaker section. It has committed 10% of its total beds for subsidised / concessional treatments, and 10% beds for completely free treatments.
Hinduja National Hospital is a major referral centre in India for the 55 specialities:
|Adult Immunisation Clinic||Allergy||Anesthesiology||Bone Marrow Transplantation||Breast Cancer|
|Cancer Chemotherapy||Cancer Radiation Therapy||Cancer Surgery||Cancer Urology||Cardiology|
|Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery||Clinical Genetics||Clinical Haematology||Collagen Lung Clinic||Dental|
|Dental Implant Clinic||Dermatology||Diabetic Foot Surgery||Endocrinology||ENT|
|Gastroenterology||Gastroenterology Surgery||General Medicine||General Surgery||Gynaecology|
|Imaging||Infectious Diseases||Interventional Radiology||IVF and Infertility||Lab Medicine|
|Minimal Access Surgery||Nephrology||Neurology||Neurosurgery||Nuclear Medicine|
|Ophthalmology||Orthopaedics||Pain Management||Palliative Care Service||Pediatric Nephrology|
|Pediatric Neurology||Pediatric Neuro-Rehabilitation||Pediatrics||Pediatric Surgery||Physiotherapy|
|Plastic Surgery||Psychiatry||Pulmonary Medicine||Rheumatology||Robotic Surgery|
|Tobacco Cessation Clinic||Travel Medicine Clinic||Urology||Vascular Surgery||Vulva Clinic|
It has plans to expand its nationwide capacity to 5,000 beds, besides setting up radiology and pathology diagnostic centres, emergency ambulance services and pharmacy retail outlets across India. It is also working with the Biomedical Engineering and Technology (incubation) Centre (BETiC) of IIT Bombay to co-develop and commercialise biomedical devices.
- B. K. Misra - Neurosurgeon
- Farhad Kapadia - Critical care medicine
- Gustad Daver - Cardio-thoracic, vascular and transplant surgeon
- Indira Hinduja - Gynaecologist
- Luis Jose De Souza - Surgical oncologist
- Milind Vasant Kirtane - Otorhinolaryngologist
- Rasik Shah - Paediatric surgeon & Urologist
- Sanjay Agarwala - Orthopaedic surgeon
- Sultan Pradhan - Surgical oncologist
- Suresh Advani - Medical oncologist
- Tehemton Erach Udwadia - Gastroenterologist
- Zarir Udwadia - Pulmonologist
- "P. D. Hinduja Hospital – Hinduja Through the Ages". www.hindujahospital.com.
- "Paramanand Deepchand Hinduja – Hinduja Foundation". Archived from the original on 22 November 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Hinduja Group :: Newsletter". www.hindujagroup.com.
- "Best Hospitals 2021 - India". Newsweek. 2 March 2021.
- "Best Hospitals – India". Newsweek. 27 February 2020.
- "P.D. Hinduja Hospital & MRC Once again Bestowed with India's Best Multi Specialty Hospital Award at India Healthcare Awards 2014". 11 June 2015.
- "BMC ranks Worli 'cleanest ward' | Mumbai News - Times of India". The Times of India. 19 January 2020.
- "P. D. Hinduja Hospital - Awards". www.hindujahospital.com.
- "Hinduja Hospital academics" (PDF).
- https://fmesinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/JSACCscheme-draft.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "P. D. Hinduja Hospital – Specialities".
- Venkatraman, Hemamalini (30 July 2009). "Hindujas scout for hospital JV partner". The Economic Times.
- Reporter, B. S. (29 October 2007). "Hindujas to up investments in healthcare, power". Business Standard India – via Business Standard.
- D'Silva, Jeetha (22 May 2003). "Hinduja Hospital gets Parke-Davis' Lele as CEO". The Economic Times.