|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Mayor||Luc De Boeck|
|• Governing party/ies||CD&V|
|• Total||45.76 km2 (17.67 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Area codes||03, 052|
Bornem (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈbɔrnɛm], old spelling: Bornhem) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality comprises the towns of Bornem proper, Hingene, Wintam, Mariekerke and Weert. There are also the hamlets of Branst, Buitenland, Eikevliet and Wintam. On 1 January 2006, Bornem had a total population of 20,064. The total area is 45.76 km² which gives a population density of 438 inhabitants per km².
- Bornem Castle, Residence of the House Marnix de Sainte-Aldegonde.
- Bornem Abbey, only Cistercensian Abbey in Flanders: residence of former general Amadeus de Bie and Henricus Smeulders.
- Jan Hammenecker (Mariekerke, 2 October 1878 – Westrode, 13 June 1932), writer and priest
- Marc Van Ranst (b. Bornem, 20 June 1965), virologist
- Walter Boeykens (b. Bornem, 6 January 1938), clarinetist
- Bornem Titans, an American football team
- Bornem abbey beer is brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge in Ertvelde
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2016 (XLS; 397 KB)
|Hamme (VOV) / Scheldt||Schelle