|Elevation||653 ft (199 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||465126|
Moscow is an unincorporated community in northern Muscatine County, Iowa, United States. It lies along local roads just north of U.S. Route 6, north of the city of Muscatine, the county seat of Muscatine County. Its elevation is 653 feet (199 m). Although Moscow is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 52760, which opened on May 1, 1837.
The community is part of the Muscatine Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Hinkeyville is a small unincorporated community located along the Cedar River in Northern Muscatine County. It is primarily a residential area, however, Wendling Quarries has it main facility just south of the community.
The town is accessible only by local roads north of U.S. Highway 6. The Iowa Interstate Railroad operates an estimated one to three trains per day through Hinkeyville.
- "Moscow, Iowa". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 39.
- Zip Code Lookup
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Moscow Post Office
- Richman, Irving Berdine (1911). History of Muscatine County, Iowa: From the Earliest Settlements to the Present Time. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 215.
- Richman, Irving Berdine (1911). History of Muscatine County, Iowa: From the Earliest Settlements to the Present Time. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 218.
|This article about the geography of Muscatine County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|