|Administrative atoll||Lhaviyani Atoll|
|Distance to Malé||146.11 km (90.79 mi)|
|• Total||0.5314 km2 (0.2052 sq mi)|
|• Length||1.162 km (0.722 mi)|
|• Width||0.584 km (0.363 mi)|
|• Total||2,497 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:00 (MST)|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The registered population as of June 2012 was 4,676 (2404 male and 2272 female). There are around 715 houses registered, but people live in only around 480 houses.
As per the census of 2006, Hinnavaru had a population of 3,017 (1358 male and 1359 female). The island had a literacy rate of 96.48%. The population of the Island had declined by 1.04% when compared to the 2000 census. By the census of 2014, the number had declined to 2,449.
Hinnavaru is the second most populous island in the Lhaviyani Atoll.
|2006-2014: Census populations|
The youth (age 15-20) unemployment rate, as of 2006, was at 35%.
The available communication services are good in Hinnavaru. Both Ooredoo and Dhiraagu services are available at good quality. 94% of the population uses communication services. A large portion of the population uses internet service.
As a help from Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) after the 2004 tsunami, a project was carried out in two stages. After the second stage the harbour was inaugurated on 20 November 2010.
Electricity is provided to the island by State Electrical Company (STELCO).
A sewerage system was installed by the government of the Maldives, established on 31 January 2011. It was built under the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED).
A safe drinking water supply was introduced in 2017, with the assistance of the United States Agency for International Development.
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 34. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Reclamation works commence at Lhaviyani atoll Hinnavaru island". Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure. 16 August 2010. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "U.S. Government and Government of Maldives Inaugurate a $3.8 Million Safe Drinking Water System for 4,000 Residents on Hinnavaru, Maldives". US Embassy in Sri Lanka. 26 December 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
|This Maldives location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|