|Hino Dutro & Hino 300 Series|
Hino 300 in Hong Kong
|Manufacturer||Hino Motors, Ltd.|
Toyota Motor Corporation
|Also called||Toyota Dyna|
Hino 300 Series
Hino Ranger II
Hino 155/195 (North America)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||Truck (standard cab, crew cab)|
|Predecessor||Hino Ranger 2/3|
The Hino Dutro (Japanese: 日野デュトロ) is a light commercial truck shared with the Toyota Dyna, manufactured by Hino Motors. Like the Dyna and its twin Toyoace, the Dutro is built on the U300 platform for standard cab, or U400 platform for the wide cab and offered in many different chassis type suitable for different purposes. The Dutro took over from the earlier Ranger 2 (and Ranger 3), a badge-engineered version of Daihatsu's Delta series. Outside of Japan, it is also known as the '300 series'.
For export market, the Dutro is sold in Australia, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Sri Lanka and other countries in Latin America. As of 2008, the Dutro was available in Canada as the 'Hino 155'. Canadian models are built in Woodstock, Ontario from CKD kits imported from Japan.
The Latin-American models are built in Cota (Cundinamarca), Colombia by Hino Motor Manufacturing Colombia, from CKD kits imported from Japan. In some of these markets, however, the trucks are imported from Japan completely assembled. A new assembly plant is located in the town of Cota, in Colombia, built and financed by two partners: one local company and the Toyota group, the majority owner of the Hino subsidiary and the brand.
1st Generation (1999-2011)
- A wide range of variants is offered in Japan, including the Wide Cab, Double Cab, hybrid electric, 4WD, and Route Van. Engine choices include the 3.7 liter 4B, 4.1 liter 15B-FTE, 4.0 liter N04C, 4.6 liter S05C, 4.7 liter J05D, 4.8 liter S05D, and 5.3 liter J05C.
- Introduced in Indonesia in 2002 with five models: 125ST, 125LT, 125HT, 140GT, and 140HT. All are Standard Cab. 125ST is 4-wheel short wheelbase, the rest are 6-wheel long wheelbase. Engine for 125 models is 4.0 liter W04D, the 140 models is powered by 4.6 liter S05C.
- Starting from 2007 model year, with the government requirement that all vehicles must comply to Euro-2 emission regulation, and Hino introduced 4 models with the modified W04D engine with inter-cooled turbocharger. The new models are 110SD, 110LD, 130MD, and 130HD.
- In Thailand: Dutro 300, 301, 340 (Standard Cab), 410 and 420 (Wide Cab).
Second Generation (2011-present)
Many of these are built in Japanese plants, although some units are assembled in Canada, Colombia and Indonesia. The more appreciable changes are the engine (accomplishment with the EURO IV/V/VI standard), a new facelift made by Toyota, and more and new improved equipment on board.
Japanese models get three versions of the 4 liter engine, while North American models [aka 155 / 195] get the larger engine. Hybrid variants are also available.
|Engine [Model]||Production [Year]||Displacement||Cylinder|
|W04D||2011-||4,009 cc (244.6 cu in)||I4|
|N04C||2011-||4,009 cc (244.6 cu in)||I4|
|J05E (North America)||2012-||5,123 cc (312.6 cu in)||I4|
- "Hino, Calidad que da confianza". Hino.cl. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "HMMC Inaugura su planta en Cota, Colombia". Pracodidacol.com. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "La planta de Hino Motors en Colombia llegó a la unidad mil - Industria automotriz: Fabricación, tendencias y avances en vehiculos - ELTIEMPO.COM". Motor.com.co. Retrieved 2012-03-14.