Hinwil railway station
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
|Owned by||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Operated by||Swiss Federal Railways
Dampfbahn-Verein Zürcher Oberland
Hinwil railway station (German: Bahnhof Hinwil) is a railway station in the Swiss canton of Zurich and municipality of Hinwil. The station is situated at the junction of the Effretikon to Hinwil via Wetzikon railway line, which is still in full use, and the Uerikon to Bauma railway (UeBB), which is partly closed and partly used as a heritage railway.
Hinwil station is also the terminus of services of the Dampfbahn-Verein Zürcher Oberland (DVZO), who operate heritage services to Bauma, over the former UeBB, with trains normally hauled by steam locomotives. The UeBB line in the other direction, towards Uerikon, was closed in 1948 and little now remains.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- "S-Bahn trains, buses and boats" (PDF). ZVV. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 31, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. pp. 12–13. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "Fahrplan an den Fahrsonntagen im 2012" [Sunday timetable for 2012] (in German). DVZO. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- Media related to Hinwil railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Hinwil station on Swiss Federal Railway's web site
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|