Type of site
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Industry||Online directory services|
|Products||Home Improvement Pages, Natural Therapy Pages, Pet Pages|
|Alexa rank||15,844 (Australia)|
hipages is a subsidiary of hipages Group; an Australian company that provides three online service directories and lead generation in various industries. The three online platforms hipages Group oversees includes; hipages, which operates in the home improvement space; Pet Pages, which operates in the pet services sector; and Natural Therapy Pages, which operates in the domain of natural therapies.
hipages was founded in 2004 by Chief Executive Officer, David Vitek and Chief Operations Officer, Roby Sharon-Zipser. Prior to hipages, Vitek worked as an electrical engineer at IBM and Sharon-Zipser worked for PWC, then later started his own business advisory firm.
 The initial focus of Vitek and Sharon-Zipser's company stemmed from their recognised value in building a simple system for connecting local businesses with consumers. Their first business venture was Natural Therapy Pages; a directory for consumers and promotional tool for health practitioners. Vitek and Sharon-Zipser then realised the potential their services had in the home improvement space and started Home Improvement Pages, which became hipages in April 2011.
By 2013, over one million visitors were navigating to the hipages site, with over 40,000 tradies already listed on the directory. In the same year, hipages entered into a partnership with IKEA to assist consumers in locating tradesmen to install their kitchen benches and cabinets.
In 2014, Ashok Jacob-led Ellerston Capital acquired a 14% stake in the business, and in December, 2015 News Corp Australia acquired a 25% stake; the biggest investment for the company to date. These two significant investments increased hipages value to over $100 million with a growth rate of 30% year-on-year. Along the way, other investments came from KTM Capital, Right Click Capital and Kresta Capital. To date, hipages has raised over $50 million in funding. 
Today, hipages facilitates over 100,000 jobs posted by customers each month, with over 1.5 million monthly visitors to the website. Over 90,000 professional tradesmen are listed on the platform offering services across 1,300 home improvement categories. By the end of the 2017 financial year, hipages generated $2 billion worth of work for Australian tradespeople making the website the number one site for finding and hiring tradespeople in Australia.
Currently, hipages operates in both Sydney and Manila, with over 155 employees in each office. Vitek and Sharon-Zipser extended hipages to Philippines in November 2014.
The hipages Group owns and operates three online service directories across three different industries; home improvements, pet services and natural therapies. Each directory generates revenue from member fees, where professionals in each of these fields pay a fee to be listed as a business on the respective platform and can connect with local consumers in need of a particular service.
Home Improvement Pages
The name hipages stems from a portmanteau of Home Improvement Pages. hipages offers directory services that connect homeowners to registered tradespeople from 1,300 categories including plumbing, building, painting, tiling, electrical work, handyman work, garden maintenance, air conditioning, concreting and other home repair jobs.
Currently through the hipages platform, over 90,000 tradies are listed on the directory with more than 100,000 jobs posted every month by homeowners. More than 1.5 million people visit the hipages website every month, generating $2 billion worth of work over the last financial year.
hipages is the number one service provider in the Australian home improvement market, based on the company's growth, worth, the number of tradespeople listed on the directory, and the number of homeowners actively using the site. .
Natural Therapy Pages
Natural Therapy Pages was the first business developed in 2004 under the hipages Group umbrella. The idea for Natural Therapy Pages came from Vitek's interest in health and his desire to start his own business. Natural Therapy Pages features relevant health, nutrition and naturopathy articles along with a robust[clarification needed] directory linking consumers to treatment facilities, doctors, practitioners and other natural therapy providers in the health and wellness space.
The Pet Pages website is a directory service that allows consumers to find local pet services and businesses in their area. Breeders, veterinarians, pet stores, pet accessory shops, and pet training services are among some of the businesses that can be found through Pet Pages.
- "David Vitek". Smart Company. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- LeMay, Renai (8 May 2014). "Tradie search site hipages.com.au takes $6m". Delimiter. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Ward, Miranda (7 Dec 2015). "News Corp acquires 25 per cent stake in tradespeople classifieds website hipages". Mumbrella. Retrieved 7 Dec 2015.
- "Site Overview". Alexa. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Huang, Elaine (14 May 2014). "Decade-old home improvement portal hipages secures US$5.6M in funding". e27. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Bindi, Tasnuva (7 May 2014). "hipages still dominates the market as younger startups attempt to overhaul". Startup Daily. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Papadakis, Marianna (18 April 2013). "CEO Q&A: David Vitek, chief executive, hipages Group". BRW. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Starr, Michelle (20 October 2013). "Ikea helps you find kitchen installation help". Cnet. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Collins, Ben (7 May 2014). "Institutional Investors Have Poured Millions Into Australian Online Directory Hipages". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Francis, Hannah (9 May 2014). "HiPages eyes stronger IKEA synergy". Business Spectator AU. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Cameron, Nadia (4 June 2014). "hipages recruits new CMO and adds chief customer role". CMO. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Rose, Sally (11 June 2014). "Hipages plans big marketing push with $6m boost". BRW. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Swan, David (May 18, 2015). "hipages passes $1.35 billion milestone". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "PetPages". Retrieved 18 July 2014.