|Common mare's tail (Hippuris vulgaris) from Thomé|
Flora von Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz 1885
Hippuris, the mare's tail, was previously the sole genus in the family Hippuridaceae. Following genetic research by the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group, it has now been transferred to the family Plantaginaceae, with Hippuridaceae being reduced to a synonym of Plantaginaceae.
It includes one to three species depending on taxonomic interpretation. Some authorities only accept the first species of those listed below, treating the other two as synonyms of it:
- Common mare's tail, Hippuris vulgaris
- "Hippuridaceae". Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- "Hippuris". Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- Distribution map, description, and picture of H. vulgaris
- Description and picture of H. vulgaris
- Hippuridaceae of Mongolia in FloraGREIF
|This Lamiales article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|