|10th President of Hitachi|
|Preceded by||Takashi Kawamura|
|Born||14 March 1946
|Alma mater||University of Tokyo
Hiroaki Nakanishi (中西 宏明 Nakanishi Hiroaki?, born March 14, 1946) is the CEO of Hitachi, the Japanese multinational electronics and engineering conglomerate. He became the 10th president of Hitachi in 2010, and in 2014, he assumed the position of the CEO. He also serves as Chairman of the Compensation Committee and General-Manager of the Post-Earthquake Reconstruction & Redevelopment Division.
Nakanishi was born in Yokohama, Japan. He attended the University of Tokyo, receiving a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering in 1970. He later attended Stanford University, receiving a Master's degree in computer engineering in 1979.
Nakanishi joined Hitachi's Omika Works Computer Control Design Department in 1970 immediately after graduating from college. His first management position was in the Information and Telecommunications Group. In 1998, he became the Managing Director of Hitachi Europe. In 2004, he became Senior Vice President. In 2007, he became the Chairman of Hitachi America and Chairman of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies.
In 2010, he became President, and started the Smart Transformation Project which restructured the company following the global financial crisis, including the sale of Western Digital. He received 173 million JPY in compensation in 2013.
- "Message from the Top Management". Hitachi.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Hiroaki Nakanishi - News, Articles, Biography, Photos - WSJ.com". Topics.wsj.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Officer Profile | Quotes | Reuters.co.in". In.reuters.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Hiroaki Nakanishi". Sblp.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Hitachi Ltd. CEO Nakanishi Writing Template for Restoring Global Competitiveness for Japanese Industry (1)". Forbes. 2012-10-29. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Hiroaki Nakanishi for Hitachi (HIT)". Wikinvest.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Hitachi's Revival Isn't So Good for the City of Hitachi". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Hiroaki Nakanishi: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
|President of Hitachi