From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Governor of Niigata Prefecture|
25 October 2004
|Preceded by||Ikuo Hirayama|
September 15, 1962 |
|Political party||Liberal Democratic Party of Japan|
|Alma mater||Kyoto University|
- September 15, 1962: Born in Kamo in Niigata Prefecture.
- 1981: Graduated from Sanjo High School.
- 1987: Graduated from Kyoto University Law Department.
- 1987: Entered the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- 1994: Attended the University of British Columbia as a visiting researcher.
- 2003: Appointed Head of the Gifu Prefecture Industrial Labor Bureau.
- 2004: Elected Governor of Niigata Prefecture. 2 days before taking office, the Niigata Chūetsu Earthquake occurs, overshadowing his first year in office.
|This article about a Japanese politician born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|