March 21, 1990
Hiromi Shinhata (新畑 博美? Shinhata Hiromi, born March 21, 1990 in the Philippines), better known simply as Hiromi, is a Japanese fashion model, who has been active in the professional and commercial modeling fields since late 2000s. Formerly a popular model for the Egg magazine, she is known for her androgynous looks and is particularly known in the gal scene.
Her notable works include appearing on the Happie Nuts magazine and endorsing 109-2, the men's line of the 109 brand. She has signed advertising contracts with several products and brands such as Jungle Beat, M.A.C's Japanese branch, and the third issue of the Buchiage Trance series of trance compilation albums.
Aside from modeling, she has worked as an exclusive disc jockey for girls-duo Lil'B. She has released several psy trance CDs since 2007, under the alias of "DJ Reika", such as Psy-Trance Queen and Psy-Trance Queen Vol.2: Hagane.
Hiromi is an out lesbian. She publicly acknowledged her homosexuality, which she had kept hidden for a long time, in the April, 2011 issue of the Happie Nuts magazine. In 2011, she revealed that she was dating a female model named Aura.
- "Popular model reveals her homosexuality", February 18, 2011, Livedoor (Japanese)
- "Hiromin", Casting.net (Japanese)
- Model Profiles : Hiromi, Shibuya Girls Collection (Japanese)
- "Psy-Trance Queen Vol.2: Hagane", HMV (Japanese)
- "DJ Reika – Psy-Trance Queen", Discogs
- "Model Hiromi comes out as a homosexual: 'Love doesn't have any form, color and rule'", February 18, 2011, Yahoo! News - Yahoo! Japan from RBB Today (Japanese)