|Institutions||University of Tokyo
University of Chicago
Institute for Advanced Study
University of Minnesota
Okayama Institute for Quantum Physics
|Alma mater||University of Tokyo|
|Doctoral advisor||Takahiko Yamanouchi|
|Other academic advisors||Masao Kotani
Goldberger-Miyazawa-Oehme sum rule
Hironari Miyazawa (宮沢 弘成? Miyazawa Hironari, born 1927 in Tokyo) is a Japanese particle and nuclear physicist, known for his work in supersymmetry, which was first proposed by Miyazawa in 1966 as a possible symmetry between mesons and baryons.
Miyazawa studied physics and received his undergraduate degree in 1950 at the University of Tokyo. He joined the faculty after he received his doctorate in 1953 from the University of Tokyo, and became a full professor of physics in 1968. In 1988 he moved to the Kanagawa University and served there until 1998. Currently he is a professor emeritus of the University of Tokyo. During these periods, he also served visiting professorships at the University of Chicago and the University of Minnesota, and directorship at the Meson Science Laboratory, the University of Tokyo.
From 1953 to 1955 he was a research associate at the Institute for Nuclear Studies, the University of Chicago, where he conducted research on theoretical nuclear physics under Gregor Wentzel and Enrico Fermi.
- M. L. Goldberger; H. Miyazawa; R. Oehme (1955). "Application of Dispersion Relations to Pion-Nucleon Scattering". Phys. Rev. 99 (3): 986–988. Bibcode:1955PhRv...99..986G. doi:10.1103/PhysRev.99.986.
- V. V. Abaev; P. Metsä; M. E. Sainio (2007). "The Goldberger-Miyazawa-Oehme sum rule revisited". Eur. Phys. J. A. 32 (3): 321–325. Bibcode:2007EPJA...32..321A. arXiv: . doi:10.1140/epja/i2007-10377-6.
- H. Miyazawa (1966). "Baryon Number Changing Currents". Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (6): 1266–1276. Bibcode:1966PThPh..36.1266M. doi:10.1143/PTP.36.1266.
- H. Miyazawa (1968). "Spinor Currents and Symmetries of Baryons and Mesons". Phys. Rev. 170 (5): 1586–1590. Bibcode:1968PhRv..170.1586M. doi:10.1103/PhysRev.170.1586.
- P. G. O. Freund (1988). Introduction to Supersymmetry (Cambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics). Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-35675-6.
- S. Catto (2008). "Miyazawa Supersymmetry" (PDF). AIP Conf. Proc. 1011 (1): 253–258. doi:10.1063/1.2932297.
- H. Miyazawa (2010). "Superalgebra and fermion-boson symmetry". Proc. Jpn. Acad., Ser. B. 86 (3): 158–164. Bibcode:2010PJAB...86..158M. doi:10.2183/pjab.86.158.