The Hirondel (sometimes misspelled as Hirondelle) is a fictional car driven by Simon Templar, the protagonist of a book series by Leslie Charteris. The Hirondel is an opulent, eight-cylinder, cream and red vehicle costing £5,000 and is a recurring element in many of The Saint books. The Hirondel is also used by Storm (Captain Arden) in the non-Saint novel Daredevil. Daredevil also features inspector Teal. The Hirondel was featured in a 1972 issue of Automobile Quarterly (Vol. 10 No. 1).
- Watson, Colin (1979). Snobbery with Violence: Crime Stories and Their Audience. Eyre & Spottiswoode. ISBN 0-413-46570-5.
- Barer, Burl (2003). The Saint: A Complete History in Print, Radio, Film and Television of Leslie Charteris' Robin Hood of Modern Crime, Simon Templar, 1928–1992. McFarland & Company. p. 379. ISBN 0-7864-1680-7. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- The Saint's Hirondel—Article at www.saint.org
- The Cars of The Saint—Article at www.saint.org
- Teal Cars—A Bugatti-inspired recreation of the Hirondel as it might have been
|This article about a literature character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|