August 12, 1926|
Kamakura City, Japan
|Died||May 31, 2015
|Cause of death||Pneumonia|
|Notable credit(s)||Shoichi Tsukioka in Godzilla Raids Again,
Dr. Shinichi Chujo in Mothra
Hiroshi Koizumi (小泉博 Koizumi Hiroshi?, birth name written as 小泉 汪) (12 August 1926 - 31 May 2015) was a Japanese actor, best known for his starring role in the 1955 film Godzilla Raids Again as well as other Toho Studios monster movies. He was born in Japan. He is a graduate of Keio University in Tokyo.
In a 1999 interview with Steve Ryfle, Koizumi laments that while he stated he has easy parts to play, he felt he could have done more in his performances. Despite his roles where he usually plays a scientist, he plays a powerful role in Late Chrysanthemums, playing a young man that married an older wealthy woman to escape from the slums. On 31 May 2015, Koizumi died at a hospital in Tokyo from pneumonia at the age of 88.
- Late Chrysanthemums (1954)
- Godzilla Raids Again (1955) – Shoichi Tsukioka
- A Farewell to the Woman Called My Sister (1957)
- Song for a Bride (1958)
- Mothra (1961) – Dr. Shinichi Chujo
- 47 Samurai (1962)
- Matango (1963)
- Atragon (1963)
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) – Professor Miura
- Dogara, the Space Monster (1964) as Kirino
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) – Professor Miura
- Ultra Q (1966; TV series)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
- The Return of Godzilla (1984)
- Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003) – Dr. Shinichi Chujo
- Blair, Gavin J. (3 June 2015). "Godzilla Actor Hiroshi Koizumi Dies at 88". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Hiroshi Koizumi Passes Away at 88". SciFied.com. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Godzilla actor Hiroshi Koizumi dies". BBC News. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Galbraith, Stuart IV (16 May 2008). The Toho Studios Story: A History and Complete Filmography. Scarecrow Press. pp. 212–213. ISBN 978-1-4616-7374-3.
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|