|Type||Twin cylinder two-stroke aircraft engine|
|Unit cost||US$2300 (base price 2000)|
The F-263 uses fan cooling and piston-ported induction, with a single Bing carburetor and single capacitor discharge ignition. The cylinder walls are electrochemically coated with Nikasil. Standard starting is recoil start. A gearbox reduction drive system and electric start were factory options.
Data from Cliche
- Type: Twin cylinder, two-stroke, aircraft engine
- Displacement: 383 cc (23.4 cu in)
- Dry weight: 70 lb (31.8 kg)
- Valvetrain: piston-ported
- Fuel system: 1 X Bing carburetor
- Fuel type: unleaded 93 octane auto fuel
- Oil system: 50:1 fuel/oil premix
- Cooling system: fan forced air
- Reduction gear: optional gearbox
- Power output: 30 hp (22 kW)
- Cliche, Andre: Ultralight Aircraft Shopper's Guide 8th Edition, page G-3 Cybair Limited Publishing, 2001. ISBN 0-9680628-1-4
- Ultralight Home Page (n.d.). "Ultralight/Microlight aircraft specs USA". Retrieved 2009-12-16.
- Fraser, Richard (2009). "Phillipe Balligand and his HM293". Retrieved 2009-12-16.