Hispanically Speaking News
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Estelle Gonzales WalgreenKim Kipp
HS-News is an independent online news site, internet publisher and virtual cultural center for U.S. Hispanics, Latin Americans, and anyone seeking to learn more and engage this vibrant demographic. HS News’ team of editors, writers and crazy creative-types originate and publish valuable, timely and culturally sensitive content all peppered with spicy wit.
HS News was one of the first independent Latino news providers on the internet when it launched in 2010, quickly garnering critical audience mass. HS News is one of the most visited Hispanic web properties in the U.S., becoming a market leader in their competitive landscape.
HS News borrowed its name from the country’s 43rd President George W. Bush who erroneously identified all things Latino as “hispanically”. In spite of the misnomer, the term suits the site’s lighter side the founders noted.
Awards and Recognitions
HSN has been recognized on a national scale in the media and recognized for its quality content:
• 2011: ‘Top Content Provider to Hispanic Audiences’ - Portada Magazine.
- Wittman, Jenny (3/1/2012). "Growth in Latino Media". Cision Navigator: Media Spotlight. Cision US Inc. Retrieved May 30, 2013. Check date values in:
- "www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com". website.informer.com. Informer Technologies, Inc. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- Rice, Will (August 18, 2010). "Widespread Hispanic". Time Out Chicago: useams. Time Out Chicago Partners LLLP. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- Strahler, Steven R. (November 16, 2009). "News after swine". Crain’s Chicago Business: This Week’s Crain’s: News. Crain Communications, Inc. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- "People to Pitch: Estelle Walgreen, Founder, Hispanically Speaking News". Community Media Workshop. Community Media Workshop. September 8, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2013.