|Country of origin||Spain|
The Hispano-Árabe has been bred in Andalusia since about 1800. The current breed standard was published in 2002, and modified in 2005. Since 2008 the stud book has been held by the breeders' association, the Union Española de Ganaderos de Pura Raza Hispano-Árabe (UEGHá). At the end of 2010, a total of 5835 horses were registered, of which approximately 60% were in Andalusia. The breed is considered a "Raza Autóctona en Peligro de Extinción", or autochthonous breed in danger of extinction.
The Hispano-Árabe is well-proportioned and harmoniously made, with a slender outline and light movements. Due to the origins of the breed, there is considerable variation in appearance, which however does not in itself constitute a reason for disqualification from registration. It is usually either grey or dark-coloured.: 472
The Hispano-Árabe is a saddle-horse, suitable for equestrian sports such as acoso y derribo, show-jumping, dressage, cross-country, endurance and TREC; as a working horse for doma vaquera and herding, its traditional use; and for trekking and group sports.
- Raza equino caballar Pura Raza Hispano-Árabe: Datos generales (in Spanish). Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y Alimentación. Accessed August 2018.
- Union Española de Ganaderos de Pura Raza Hispano-Árabe (in Spanish). Accessed December 2011.
- Breed profile British Association for the Pure Raza Hispano-Árabe. Accessed December 2011.
- Hispano-Arabe. Andalusian Horse Association of Australasia. Accessed August 2018.
- ORDEN APA/3277/2002, de 13 de diciembre, por la que se establecen las normas zootécnicas de la raza equina Hispano-Árabe (in Spanish). Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, y Medio Rural y Marino. Accessed December 2011.
- Valerie Porter, Lawrence Alderson, Stephen J.G. Hall, D. Phillip Sponenberg (2016). Mason's World Encyclopedia of Livestock Breeds and Breeding (sixth edition). Wallingford: CABI. ISBN 9781780647944.
- Breed data sheet: Hispano-Arabe/Spain Domestic Animal Diversity database of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Accessed December 2011.
- Raza equino caballar Pura Raza Hispano-Árabe: Usos y sistema de explotación (in Spanish). Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y Alimentación. Accessed August 2018.