|Directed by||Joel Gallen|
|Presented by||Jeff Ross|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||28–30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||OBB Pictures|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||May 27, 2019|
|Related shows||Comedy Central Roast|
Historical Roasts is an American comedy television series on Netflix. Based on the Los Angeles live comedy show of the same name, the series "roasts" historical figures including Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., and Cleopatra. The 6-episode first season was released on Netflix on May 27, 2019. It is hosted by Jeff Ross, a "recurring roaster" who has appeared frequently in stand-up specials and series on Comedy Central.
On September 20, 2018, Deadline reported that Netflix had ordered 6 episodes of the series.
Reception from critics has been mixed. For Paste, John-Michael Bond wrote "if you don't mind your comedy black, you'll find a lot to like in Historical Roasts' silly look at the past." Others, including the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, have criticized the "Anne Frank" episode for jokes about concentration camps, and making light of Nazi-occupied Europe. Niv Hadas of Haaretz, an Israeli newspaper, defended the show from critics, calling the episode "compassionate, funny and historically accurate".
- "Netflix Orders Historical Roasts Series Starring Jeff Ross". www.vulture.com. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- Jarvey, Natalie (May 22, 2019). "Netflix's 'Historical Roasts' With Jeff Ross Serves Up "A History Lesson for Millennials"". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Jeff Ross | Stand-Up Comedian | Comedy Central Stand-Up". Comedy Central. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- Lindsay, Kathryn. "All The Hilarious Comedians In Netflix's New Show "Historical Roasts"". www.refinery29.com. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Jaleel White's Impersonations Steal The Show On 'Historical Roasts' On Netflix". Decider. 2019-05-28. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Hipes, Patrick (September 20, 2018). "Netflix Lands Jeff Ross-Starring 'Historical Roasts' From OBB Pictures As Original Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Bond, John-Michael (June 3, 2019). "Historical Roasts Is Far Better Than You'd Expect, But Its Brightest Days Are in the Future". Paste. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Surkes, Sue (May 30, 2019). "Uproar over Netflix show in which Hitler 'roasts' Anne Frank". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Hadas, Niv (June 3, 2019). "Demeaning the Memory of the Holocaust? 'The Roast of Anne Frank' Should Be Shown in Schools". Haaretz. Retrieved 2019-06-05.