History Cooperative was an online database of scholarly history articles from leading journals. It provided online access to library users to recent articles from 20 major journals and other online sources. It closed operations in May, 2010. It was originally created by the University of Illinois Press, and was also sponsored by JSTOR and the Organization of American Historians. It was a not-for-profit venture that was open to libraries and to paid subscribers of the individual journals.
Some of the journals available included:
- American Historical Review
- The History Teacher
- Journal of American Ethnic History
- Journal of American History
- Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era
- Journal of World History
- Labour History
- Western Historical Quarterly
- William and Mary Quarterly
- Rosenzweig, Roy. "The Road to Xanadu: Public and Private Pathways on the History Web," Journal of American History vol 88 #2 (2001): 78 pars. 17 Oct. 2010 online.
- www.historycooperative.org - Official website, now defunct