History of Bariq
|Stone Tower of Qahba Village|
Between two phases
Bariq (also transliterated as Barik or Bareq , Arabic: بارق) founded in 220 AD .It is part of the territory which is historically known as the "Yemen", which dates back to the second millennium BC and was inhabited by immigrant tribe of southern Yemen called Bariq belongs to the ancient tribe Al-Azd that has many clans linked to it. known before the advent of Islam as Bdiar Bariq passes the ancient trade route from Yemen to Mecca then to Levant Which known winter and summer trip  which also used to held Suq Hubasha, in the first month of Rajab eight days, and was told 3 days The market and convoys have been protected by the Bareq country and this souq was a market for Azd. It was one of the greatest Arab souq at all and also the last of the Jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic) markets to be destroyed. In the mid-seventh century AD tribe from Bareq entered Islam and played a pivotal and a major role in the Islamic conquests, and many of the Bariqian had settled in many countries after the Muslim conquest.
- Ulrich, Brain John (2008). Constructing Al-Azd: Tribal Identity and Society in The Early Islamic Centuries. University of Wisconsin Madison,Wisconsin: c2008. p. 290. ISBN 9780549634430.
- Bahrain through the ages: the history،
- Excellence and precedence: medieval Islamic discourse on legitimate leadership،
- إيلاف قريش رحلة الشتاء و الصيف،
- Encyclopaedic Ethnography of Middle-East and Central Asia،
- Meccan trade and the rise of Islam p123،
- السلم عند العرب قبل الاسلام،
- Jerusalem Studies in Arabic and Islam Vol. 9 p33،
- Constructing Al-Azd: Tribal Identity and Society in the Early Islamic Centuries،
- History of al-Tabari Vol. 12, P10،
- Tabari, leiden, I,P2200,2218,2187,2196
- The Early Islamic Conquests. P169,167,200,205,209,211.
- The Challenge to the Empires P201,200 ،
- Book The Challenge to the Empires page 220،
- The Role of the Arab Tribes in the East During the Period of the Umayyads (40/660-132/749) P35,34 ،
- The Waning of the Umayyad Caliphate ،
- al-qabalīyah wa-atharuhā fī al-shiʻr al-Umawī،
- الطبري الجزء 647/2. الطبري الجزء5/3
- الحياة الفكرية والأدبية في جنوبي البلاد السعودية،
- الهمداني صفة جزيرة العرب (1/91)،