History of Philosophy Quarterly
|Edited by||Aaron Garrett|
|Hist. Philos. Q.|
The History of Philosophy Quarterly was founded in 1984 by Nicholas Rescher of the University of Pittsburgh. In the first issue, the editors of the journal announced that a focus would be on looking to the history of philosophy to help solve contemporary issues, advocating "that approach to philosophical history, increasingly prominent in recent years, which refuses to see the boundary between philosophy and its history as an impassable barrier, but regards historical studies as a way of dealing with problems of continued interest and importance." The journal is published by the University of Illinois Press and the current editor is Aaron Garrett at Marquette University.
- PhilPapers Publications List
- Philosopher's Index Publications List Archived 2014-09-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- Writer (1 January 1984). "Notice: History of Philosophy Quarterly". Mind. Oxford Journals. 93 (369): 110. doi:10.1093/mind/XCIII.369.110.
- Editor (January 1984). "Editorial statement". History of Philosophy Quarterly. University of Illinois Press. 1 (1): 2. JSTOR 27743662.
- "Editor Contact Information". press.uillinois.edu. History of Philosophy Quarterly.
|This article about a philosophy journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.