Hitachi-LG Data Storage
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
Seoul, South Korea
|Young-Keun Park, President & CEO
Shiwa Yoshihiro, President & CFO
|Products||Optical disc drives|
Hitachi-LG Data Storage (HLDS), a joint venture between Hitachi and LG, is a manufacturer of DVD and Blu-ray disk drives for desktop and notebook computers. Founded in late 2000, the company began operation in January 2001, and shipped its first product, the HL-DT-ST GCC-4120B combo drive, in the summer of that year. In 2006, HLDS began developing Blu-ray Disc drives. The company claims that it has led the disk drive industry in market share since its founding, with a 20% share for fiscal year 2001, and 29% for fiscal year 2012.
HLDS drives identify themselves to the computer in which they are installed as "HL-DT-ST" - Hitachi-LG Data Storage - followed by its actual model number.
- Hitachi-LG Data Storage Website (Japanese-日本語)
- Hitachi-LG Data Storage Website (Korean-한글버전)
- Hitachi-LG Data Storage Website (English)
- "Image: content_01_01.jpg, (1008 × 846 px)". hlds.co.kr. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Hitachi & LG plead guilty to price fixing, accept $21M fine | VentureBeat | News | by J. O'Dell". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Image: content_03_tab_02.jpg, (566 × 380 px)". hlds.co.kr. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Image: content_03_tab_03.jpg, (566 × 380 px)". hlds.co.kr. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Image: c01922320.jpg, (364 × 452 px)". h10025.www1.hp.com. Retrieved 2015-09-05.