Hitachi Flora Prius
The Flora Prius was preinstalled with both Microsoft Windows 98 as well as BeOS. It did not, however, have a dual-boot option as Microsoft reminded Be of the terms of the Windows OEM license. In effect, two thirds of the hard drive was hidden from the end-user, and a series of complicated manipulations was necessary to activate the BeOS partition.
FLORA Prius 330J came in three models:
- 330N40JB: Base version with no LCD Screen
- 3304ST40JB: Included a 14.1-inch super TFT color LCD Display
- 3304ST40JBT: Included a 14.1-inch super TFT color LCD Display and WinTV Video capture board
- CPU: Pentium II(R) Processor (400MHz)
- RAM: 64 MB SDRAM
- Hard Drive: 6.4 GB (2 GB for Windows(R)98 and 4.6 GB for BeOS(TM))
- CD-ROM Drive: 24X speed max.
- Hitachi to Release New FLORA Prius 330J Model PCs with Preinstalled BeOS(TM) for the Consumer Market, November 11, 1998 News Release, Hitachi, Ltd.
- 1999 Hitachi to Bundle Award-Winning BeatWare Mail-It with New FLORA Prius 330J PCs, The Free Library (January, 19)
- BeOS v. 4.0 products designed for interoperability, 11/30/1998, By: Craig Menefee, ITworldcanada.com
- Microsoft's Dirty OEM-Secret, By Eloquence, Oct 23, 2001, kuro5hin.org
- Launching the BeOS on Hitachi FLORA Prius systems, The BeOS Tip Server
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|