Hitomi (given name)
Hitomi Yoshizawa, a Japanese pop singer
|Meaning||瞳 pupil of the eye 智 wisdom, intellect 美beautiful although it can have different meanings depending on the kanji used|
|Region of origin||Japan|
Hitomi (ヒトミ, ひとみ?) is a feminine Japanese given name. It is often written with the single kanji 瞳 (Japanese for eye) or the two kanji 仁美. It can also come from 智 (hito) meaning "wisdom, intellect" and 美 (mi) meaning "beautiful". Individuals may alternatively write the name using the hiragana as ひとみ. The singer hitomi writes her stage name using the Latin alphabet.
- 仁美, "benevolent, humane, noble, beauty"
- 人美, "someone, person, beauty"
- 一美, "one, beauty"
- 均美, "level beauty"
- 等美, "class, equal, beauty"
- 傭美, "employ, hire, beauty"
- Hitomi Furuya (古谷仁美, born 1976), a Japanese singer-songwriter
- Hitomi Kuroishi (黒石ひとみ), a Japanese singer, author, and composer noted for her involvement with the soundtracks of the anime Last Exile and Code Geass
- Hitomi Shimatani (島谷ひとみ, born 1980), a Japanese female pop singer whose songs include one of Inuyashas opening theme songs "Angelus"
- Hitomi Takahashi (singer) (高橋 瞳, born 1989), a Japanese rock/pop singer who is famous for her Gundam Seed Destiny song "Bokutachi no Yukue"
- Hitomi Yaida (矢井田 瞳 born 1978), A Japanese pop/folk rock singer-songwriter, guitarist, and musician
- Hitomi Yoshizawa (吉澤 ひとみ, born 1985), Japanese pop singer and former leader of the J-pop group Morning Musume
- Hitomi Isaka (井坂 仁美 ), member of the group Kamen Rider Girls
- Hitomi (ひと美, born 1967), Japanese voice actress from Osaka, Japan
- Hitomi Aizawa (相澤 仁美), Japanese actress, gravure idol and race queen
- Hitomi Hayasaka (早坂ひとみ, born 1982), Japanese actress, model and AV Idol
- Hitomi Kobayashi (小林ひとみ, born 1965), important early Japanese AV idol
- Hitomi Kuroki (黒木瞳, born 1960), Japanese actress who voiced Helen Parr/Elastigirl/Mrs. Incredible in the Japanese dub of The Incredibles
- Hitomi Nabatame (生天目 仁美, born 1976), Japanese voice actress, whose roles include Nanao Ise from Bleach
- Hitomi Shiraishi (白石ひとみ, born 1971), Japanese AV Idol from the 1990s
- Hitomi Takahashi (actress) (高橋 ひとみ, born 1961), Japanese actress
- Hitomi Kamanaka (鎌仲ひとみ, born 1958), Japanese documentary filmmaker
- Hitomi Kanehara (金原 ひとみ, born 1983), writer who wrote Hebi ni Piasu (Snakes and Earrings)
- Hitomi Kashima (鹿島 瞳, born 1980), former Japanese butterfly swimmer
- Hitomi Soga (曽我ひとみ, born 1959), Japanese woman who was abducted to North Korea to train agents in Japanese customs and language
- Hitomi Takagaki (高垣 眸, 1898–1983), Japanese writer
- Hitomi Yamaguchi, author and contributor to Nakayoshi
- Kinue Hitomi (人見 絹枝, 1907–1931), Japanese athlete and the first Japanese woman to receive an Olympic medal
- Hitomi Kagewaki, the young castle lord from InuYasha
- Hitomi Kanzaki, heroine of The Vision of Escaflowne
- Hitomi Kisugi, one of the Cat's Eye trio
- Hitomi, a character from the Dead or Alive series
- Hitomi, a character in the Lego theme Exo-Force
- Hitomi Shinonome, a character in Loveless (manga)
- Hitomi, a major antagonist in Code:Breaker
- Hitomi Shizuki, a minor character in Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Hitomi Manaka, main protagonist of the manga Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|