Hittisau Women's Museum
The museum displays the cultural achievements of women – particularly from the local Bregenzerwald region – through exhibitions, cultural events, teaching activities for children, presentations and workshops.
The museum occupies the upper floor of the Feuerwehrhaus und Kulturhaus ("Fire Brigade House and Culture House"). This was built from 1998 to 2000 by the local authorities, and won a national architecture award (Österreichischer Bauherrenpreis) in 2000. The local fire brigade occupies the large basement, there is a seminar room on the ground floor, and a local brass band is also based here. The upper section is made of wood (local silver fir), and the building has a large glass frontage.
- Concerning a Women's Museum in a rural region Elisabeth Stöckler, founder. (in English)
- Diskussion um Hittisauer Frauenmuseum ORF, 8 January 2009. Retrieved 15 September 2010. (in German)
- Frauenmuseum Hittisau: Österreichs erstes Frauenmuseum Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine. State of Vorarlberg. (in German)
- Aktivitäten des frauenmuseums 2000/2001/2002 Museum program. (in German)
- Frauenmuseum Municipality of Hittisau. (in German)
- Bauherrenpreise 1967 bis 2007 Award winners 1967–2007. (in German)
- Frauenmuseum Description of the building. (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hittisau Women's Museum.|