|Also known as||HIZAKI|
February 17, 1979 |
|Genres||Neo-classical metal, symphonic metal, power metal, hard rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, guitarist, songwriter, record producer, model, actor|
|Labels||Kappa, Sequence, Sherow Artist Society|
|Associated acts||Jupiter, Versailles, Node of Scherzo, Sulfuric Acid, Schwardix Marvally, Crack Brain, Garnet Grave|
|ESP Maiden, ESP Horizon-III|
Hizaki (stylized as HIZAKI) is a Japanese visual kei musician, songwriter and record producer. He is best known as guitarist for the symphonic metal band Versailles. Before forming Versailles he was in several independent bands and had a solo career, and when they disbanded he and most of the other members formed Jupiter.
Hizaki debuted as guitarist for the Kyoto based band Garnet Grave in 1997. After two years, Hizaki and bassist Hizumi departed from Garnet Grave to form Crack Brain with guitarist Airi (Madeth Gray'll).
In 2002, Crack Brain disbanded and Hizaki and Airi formed the band Gurotesuku Romantikkaa (グロテスクロマンティッカー?), who in May 2003 changed their name to Schwardix Marvally. They released two EPs, one composed of cover songs from various bands. Soon after releasing the two EPs, Schwardix Marvally disbanded in 2004.
Hizaki then proceeded to start a solo career that same year and released Maiden Ritual. He published two more EPs: Dance with Grace and Maiden Ritual -Experiment Edition- with a variety of musicians in the visual kei scene. In 2005 he put his solo work on hold and joined Sulfuric Acid, staying until they disbanded in October 2006. On October 31, Hizaki supported Lareine at their last concert.
He then restarted solo activities and formed his solo group, Hizaki Grace Project, with Hikaru (Izabel Varosa) on vocals, Yuu (Jakura) on bass and support drummer Seiji (Sulfuric Acid). After recruiting Mikage (Babylon) on drums, Teru (Aikaryu) on guitar and Juka (Moi dix Mois) on vocals, they released the album Dignity of Crest. Hizaki Grace Project's latest album, Curse of Virgo, was released on December 26, 2007, two days after their latest live performance.
In early 2007, he became support for Node of Scherzo, a project fronted by Kamijo (Lareine), Juka and Kaya (Schwarz Stein), and also supported by Jasmine You and Asagi (D). At Node of Scherzo's first live performance on March 14, Kamijo and Hizaki announced they were forming a band together. On March 30 the details of the band were announced, it would be named Versailles and also included drummer Yuki (Sugar Trip) and Hizaki Grace Project's Jasmine You and Teru. Hizaki's solo work was put on hold while he focused on Versailles.
On September 23, 2008, Hizaki modeled clothing for Baby, The Stars Shine Bright on the runway at Individual Fashion Expo IV. On July 15, 2010, he partook in the one-night only revival of Crack Brain, at a concert for their old record label, Crow Music.
In January 2011, he and the rest of Versailles started starring in their own TV mini drama called Onegai Kanaete Versailles (おねがいかなえてヴェルサイユ?, "Fulfill My Wish Versailles"). The show also starred Rina Koike and aired on Mainichi Broadcasting System and TV Kanagawa until March. In response to the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on March 11, Hizaki composed and dedicated the song "Prayer" to its victims. Both Hizaki and Teru participated in the Blue Planet Japan project, which was created in response to the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. The project is composed of many visual kei artists, including members of DaizyStripper, heidi., Matenrou Opera and Dolly. They performed live at Shibuya O-West on June 25 and released the single "Hitotsu Dake ~We are the One~" on September 14, with the proceeds from the single donated to the victims.
Hizaki composed the music for the title track of Kaya's January 2012 single "Vampire Requiem". On July 20, Versailles announced they were stopping all activities at the end of the year. Hizaki, Kaya, Versailles bassist Masashi, Ken Morioka (Soft Ballet), Kenta Harada and Chargeeeeee (Omega Dripp, ZIZ) performed in a special session band on October 7 at Shinjuku Loft. On April 1, 2013, every member of Versailles minus singer Kamijo announced they had formed a new band named Jupiter. They recruited Zin as vocalist and released their debut single, "Blessing of the Future", in the summer.
Hizaki participated on the Dead End Tribute - Song of Lunatics - album, paying tribute to the band Dead End by performing on the cover of their song "Dress Burning". Hizaki will return to solo activities in 2015 with a European tour; Germany on May 25 and France on May 29.
Hizaki Grace Project members
- Last line-up
- Former members
- Hikaru – vocals
- Seiji – drums (support member)
- ESP Maiden Hizaki Custom Rose
- ESP Horizon-III Hizaki Custom Pearl White Gold w/flake
- ESP Horizon-III Hizaki Custom Illusion
- ESP Bottom Line GT
- BOSS GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor
- BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive
- Ibanez Jemini Distortion Pedal
- Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
- Marshall Guvnor
- Morley Wah Pedal
- Custom Audio Electronics Cables
- TC Electronic G Major
- Korg DTR-1 Rack Tuner
- EX-PRO Wireless System
- Furman Power Conditioner
- Roland FC-200 Midi Foot Controller
- Marshall JVM410H
- Hughes & Kettner, Bogner, Brunetti, Mesa Boogie and Laney Amps
- Keeley Katana Boost Pedal
- BOOROCKS MD-1 LEON Multi-Driver
- Albums and EPs
- Maiden Ritual (September 29, 2004)
- Dance with grace (April 27, 2005, two editions: regular was instrumental)
- Maiden Ritual -Experiment Edition- (May 11, 2005)
- The song "Tragic Serenade" was replaced by the instrumental "Scarlet", while "Ritual" has been replaced by its instrumental version.
- Grace Special Package I (2005)
- Three disc box set: includes Dance with grace, Maiden Ritual -Experiment Edition- and bonus CD-R with "Members Comment" and instrumental version of "Tragic Serenade".
With Hizaki Grace Project
- Dignity of Crest (January 1, 2007)
- Ruined Kingdom (September 19, 2007)
- Curse of Virgo (December 26, 2007)
- Graceful Playboys (August 5, 2006, with "Race Wish")
- -Unique- (August 9, 2006, split EP with +Isolation, with "Solitude" and "Cradle")
- Summit 03 (November 29, 2009, with "Cradle")
- Final Summit 2000~2010: Sequence Records (February 16, 2011, with "Philosopher")
With Garnet Grave
- "Haitoku no Savior" (背徳のSavior?, 1998, demo tape)
With Crack Brain
- "Crack Diary" (July 24, 1999, demo tape)
- "Sokubaku Izonshou" (緊縛依存症?, April 18, 2000, demo tape)
- "Sunadokei" (砂時計?, June 27, 2000, demo tape)
- "Kankinshitsu no Tobira" (監禁室の扉です?, April 14, 2001)
- -Reset- (March 23, 2002)
- "-Speed･R-" (May 11, 2002, freely distributed at concert at Meguro Rock-May-Kan)
With Schwardix Marvally
- Kairoroku ~Dai san Shou~ (回顧録～第三章～?, August 20, 2003)
- Heaven's Romance (January 28, 2004)
- Released in two versions, each with a different bonus disc.
- Schwardix Marvally ~Tenkuu e no Monogatari~ (Schwardix Marvally～天空への物語～?, January 1, 2007, compilation album)
With Sulfuric Acid
- "Vanilla Sky" (September 19, 2005, freely distributed at concert at Meguro Rock-May-Kan)
- "Aka Hebi -Kimi to Mita aka no Kioku-" (赤蛇 -君と見た赤の記憶-?, December 28, 2005)
- "Ao Hebi -Boku no Naka no Aoi Yami-" (青蛇 -僕の中の青い闇-?, December 28, 2005)
- 【s∧lfj'urik 'aesid】 (April 27, 2006)
- Kyousei Inyou [03-06] Ongenshuu (強制引用【03-06】音源集?, November 29, 2006, compilation album)
- Final Summit 2000~2010: Sequence Records (February 16, 2011, omnibus with "Acid Trip")
- "Crack Brain JaME Profile". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Hizaki JaME Profile". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Hizaki to Help Lareine". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Individual Fashion EXPO IV - Backstage Interviews". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Versailles to act in a drama". shattered-tranquility.net. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Versailles – short EU tour and special song from HIZAKI". shattered-tranquility.net. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- Versailles HIZAKI - Prayer on YouTube
- "Visual-Kei Collab Band BLUE PLANET JAPAN Peforms "We Are The One"". jpopasia.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Visual Kei Charity Single". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Beauty & Decadence in Kaya’s Vampire Requiem". rokkyuu.com. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Kaya to Collaborate with HIZAKI and MASASHI in a Special Band!". musicjapanplus.jp. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "New Band from Versailles Members". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "Versailles members create new band, ‘Jupiter’". tokyohive.com. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "Second Set of Artists to Participate in DEAD END Tribute Album Announced". barks.jp. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "HIZAKI World Tour". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2015-03-28.