|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Hnahthial had a population of 7123. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Hnahthial has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 80%. In Hnahthial, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There is one college Hnahthial College, under Mizoram University and a number of public and private schools. Hnahthial has one government higher secondary school, two government high schools, three middle schools, seven government primary schools and seven private schools.
The high schools run by the government of Mizoram are Government High School and Southern High School; middle schools run by the government of Mizora are the Indira Memorial Middle School, Model Middle School and Government Middle School
Primary Schools run by the government of Mizoram are named as Primary School 1 through 7.
The private schools are Nuchhungi English Medium School, Mantawni Memorial English School, English Congregation School, Sapzari Memorial School, Thankhuma Sailo High School, Moriah Public School and St. Stephen's School.
A helicopter service by Pawan Hans has been started which connects the Aizawl with Hnahthial. The distance between Hnahthial and Aizawl through NH 54 is 172 km and is connected by a bus and jeep/maxi cab service.
The major newspapers in Hnahthial are Huihchhuk, Rallang Weekly, Hnahthial Today, Hnahthial Times and Calathea.
Notable former residents of Hnahthial include:
- Jeje Lalpekhlua Indian footballer and captain of the Indian U23 team.
- K Ranju Rangan Indian Consultant Safe Migration and Skill Development BMS Qatar.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "This site is about Nuchhungi English Medium School,Hnahthial". Nuchhungi English Medium School. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "MIZORAMA HELICOPTER SERVICE TUR CHIEF MINISTER IN HAWNG". Mizoram DIPR. Archived from the original on 12 December 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Nilaini atangin 'Helicopter Service". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Aizawl to Siaha". Mizoram NIC. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Accredited Journalists". DIPR Mizoram. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hnahthial.|
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Mizoram is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|