Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
|Đại Học Luật Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh|
|Established||March 30th 1996|
|Rector||Doctor Mai Hồng Quỳ|
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
Ho Chi Minh City University of Law (HCMCUL Vietnamese: Đại Học Luật Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, French: Université de Droit d’Hô-Chi-Minh-Ville) is a university in Vietnam that offers undergraduate and postgraduate education in law and politics.
The university plays an important role as a legal research and advisory body for the Vietnamese government in legal and public administrative reform.
The University was established in 1996, pursuant to Decision N° 1234/GD&ĐT of the Ministry of Education and Training. It was originally merged with the Ho Chi Minh City branch of the Vietnam National University.
On October 10, 2000, the Prime Minister issued Decision N° 118/2000/QWĐ-TT, which separated the Ho Chi Minh City University of Law from the Vietnam National University.
The current rector is Doctor Mai Hồng Quỳ (2007-2018). Her predecessor was Doctor Nguyễn Văn Luyện (2000-2007).
Faculties and Departments
- Faculty of Administrative Law
- Faculty of Civil Law
- Faculty of Criminal Law
- Faculty of Public Administration Law
- Faculty of International Law
- Faculty of Commercial Law
- Faculty of Basic Studies
- Faculty of Management
- Division of Legal English
The Ho Chi Minh City University of Law has exchange agreements with more than 30 universities around the world and participates in a number of international exchange programs, such as Asia Campus, notably with the National University of Singapore or Nagoya University. The University also offers French, English and Japanese LLB programs.
The University offers two international Master of Laws programs :
- an English LLM degree delivered by the University of the West of England
- a French Master of Laws with a major in International and Comparative Business Law delivered jointly by French Law Schools Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, Montesquieu University, and Toulouse 1 University Capitole.
The University currently has two campus:
- The main campus is located at 2 Nguyễn Tất Thành street, Ward 12 in district 4 and faces the Saigon River. It hosts the administration for the faculties and divisions, as well as the main library. It also hosts the student health care center, as well as a canteen.
- The second campus is located at No 123 National Road, Hiep Binh Chanh Ward, District Thu Duc. Brand new, it hosts a three-floor international library, lecture halls, as well as a student sports center.
The Ho Chi Minh City University of Law library is one of the major law libraries in the South of Vietnam. The library has over 75.000 legal books, 63 newspapers and magazines, 1.000 PhD, MSc and BSc thesis.
The University has undertaken these past few years to develop its databases and electronic resources, and has implemented an e-Portal.
- "Ho Chi Minh City University of Law". www1.uwe.ac.uk. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "MASTER (M2) DROIT INTERNATIONAL EUROPÉEN ET COMPARÉ SPÉCIALITÉ DROIT INTERNATIONAL ET COMPARÉ DES AFFAIRES(HÔ CHI MINH VIETNAM)". www.ut-capitole.fr. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
|This Vietnam university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|