Location of Hoagland in Allen County, Indiana.
|• Total||3.4 sq mi (8.8 km2)|
|• Land||3.4 sq mi (8.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||823 ft (251 m)|
|• Density||242/sq mi (93.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||452451|
The post office at Hoagland has been in operation since 1872.
Hoagland is located at Fort Wayne., 14 miles (23 km) southeast of downtown
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Hoagland and Poe share a Methodist congregation, Hope United Methodist Church, located outside of the Hoagland CDP. There were previously two separate congregations, Hoagland United Methodist Church (originally Middletown Methodist Church) and Poe (Williamsport) United Methodist Church, which merged into Hope in 1995.
Hoagland Days is held in June, with some visitors from Poe.
- Lydia Allen DeVilbiss, American physician and author, born in Hoagland
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Hoagland, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 15, 2020.
- "Allen County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved February 15, 2020.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Kamath, Namita (1997-02-16). "Tiny Poe is big on conservation". The Journal Gazette. - METRO section - See preview
- "Contact us". Hope United Methodist Church. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
6608 Hoagland Road Hoagland, Indiana 46745
- "ALLEN COUNTY, INDIANA, CONGREGATIONAL RECORDS, HISTORIES, AND DIRECTORIES, IN THE GENEALOGY CENTER COLLECTION ALLEN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY" (PDF). The Genealogy Center, Allen County Public Library. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- "District Boundary Map" (PDF). East Allen County Schools. Retrieved 2020-04-03. - Find Hoagland's location on this map to trace which school it is assigned to.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Hoagland CDP, IN" (PDF). 2010 U.S. Census. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2020-04-03.