Hobart Real Tennis Club
|Andrew Brough (as of 2018[update])|
The Hobart Real Tennis Club is one of the oldest sporting clubs in the Southern hemisphere, having been founded in 1875. The court is located on Davey Street in Hobart, Tasmania. It is the oldest real tennis club in Australia and one of the oldest existing clubs in the real tennis world.
Hobart hosted the international biennial Bathurst Cup in 1985, 1999 and 2015, and has also held the Australian Open tournament for real tennis on several occasions since the mid 1990s. It was the first home court of twelve-time world champion player, Robert Fahey.
- Ritchie, Geoff (16 April 2014). "Royal Tennis Club, Hobart". On the Convict Trail. Archived from the original on 21 March 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Barnsley, Morgan (2012). "Real Tennis". Tasmanian Life. Archived from the original on 21 March 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Real Tennis Hobart". Living Loving Hobart. 31 May 2015. Archived from the original on 11 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Historical Results". International Real Tennis Professionals Association. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Newlinds, Peter (3 May 2010). "Tasmania's world champion is a real deal on the tennis court". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 11 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.