Hobbico, Inc. headquarters is located in Champaign, Illinois and is a manufacturer and distributor of hobby products including radio control airplanes, boats, cars, helicopters and multirotors/drones. Other products include plastic model kits, model rockets, model trains, slot cars, crafts, jigsaw puzzles and games. The company has approximately 850 employees worldwide.
The company distributes over 150 brands of hobby products including about 30 proprietary product brands. Proprietary brands include: Axial, ARRMA, Dromida, Team Durango, dBoots, Revell, Monogram, Top Flite, Great Planes, AquaCraft Models, FlightPower, Heli-Max, SuperTigre, O'Donnell Fuel, Duratrax, RealFlight, MonoKote, Carl Goldberg Products, ElectriFly, Coverite, Dynaflite, Flyzone, MuchMore Racing, LiFeSource, Tactic, VS Tank, Estes Industries, Proto-X, TrakPower and others. It is the exclusive distributor for Futaba radio control products in North and South America, for O.S. Engines in North America and HPI Racing, Italeri, Novak Electronics and Nine Eagles in North and South America.
- In 1971 Tower Hobbies was founded by Bruce Holecek.
- In 1972 Great Planes Model Distributors was founded by Don Anderson.
- Hobbico was started in 1985 when Tower Hobbies was combined with Great Planes Model Distributors to form Hobbico, Inc.
- In November 2005 the company became a 100% employee-owned ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
- In May 2007 Hobbico acquired Revell-Monogram, famous maker of Revell plastic model kits.
- In January 2010 Hobbico acquired model rocket maker Estes Industries.
- In September 2010 Hobbico was appointed exclusive distributor for Thunder Tiger in North and South America. 
- In January 2012 Hobbico acquired the brands Axial, Durango, Arrma and dBoots tires.
- As of January 2015 Hobbico no longer distributes Thunder Tiger products.
- In 2012, Hobbico acquired Revell Germany located in Bunde, Germany, and launched Hobbico Europe.
- In 2016 Hobbico experienced financial difficulty and unable to pay out ESOP benefits. As of February 7, 2017, the Dept. of Labor will launch a full investigation into the ESOP.
- "Hobbico's Employee Stock Ownership Plan Purchases Distributor" Champaign-Urbana News-Gazette - November 2005
- "Hobbico Purchases Revell-Monogram" Champaign-Urbana News Gazette - May 2007
- "Hobbico acquires model rocket maker Estes-Cox" Champaign-Urbana News Gazette - January 2010
- "Thunder Tiger appoints Hobbico/Great Planes as exclusive distributor for the Americas" Fly RC - September 2010
- "Hobbico acquisition of German unit marks expansion into Europe" Champaign-Urbana News-Gazette - February 2012